Update weekly

Gralfitox

Members
Apr 8, 2019
I am looking for info, I am running a weekly rom and want to update, since it is necessary to wipe partitions and lose every setup and data.....

Will settings back up restore the device to its previous state? I mean mail accounts configured, apps installed and so?

I'm not sure if I understood you correct.
You are using xiaomi.eu weekly?
Does the updater show you a newer version?
Then you can update via updater or via TWRP.
All settings, apps etc should be kept. No wipe needed. Normally...
But make a backup before. You never know...
And if you could mention which version of the rom you are using, which device etc etc. would be helpful for a correct answer.

I am looking for info, I am running a weekly rom and want to update, since it is necessary to wipe partitions and lose every setup and data.....

Will settings back up restore the device to its previous state? I mean mail accounts configured, apps installed and so?
You don't have to wipe any partition when updating weeklys, only maybe once a month and yes backup will reinstall all apps but not music or documents on internal storage,and you format data, not wipe,its different than wipe in twrp you have to type yes to confirm,you can dirty flash for weeks without wipes

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if I understood you correct.
You are using xiaomi.eu weekly?
Does the updater show you a newer version?
Then you can update via updater or via TWRP.
All settings, apps etc should be kept. No wipe needed. Normally...
But make a backup before. You never know...
And if you could mention which version of the rom you are using, which device etc etc. would be helpful for a correct answer.

Sure, i am running 9.3.28, even though updater says i am up to date

??

Too old version, few months back we had to switch OTA servers, old rom like this one will not find OTA cause is bases on server that is down.
Just download it manually and install, no wipe is necessary.

Ok thank you
Couple of questions left
1- twrp vers and rom dobyou recommend for 8 SE ?
2- what if process fails, clean install?

1) latest (wrong link in quote below, so just skip it)
2) pretty much, but it is really hard to fail once you already done it at least once

Last edited:
Download ROM file manually from the site -> flash it in TWRP (no wipe) -> enjoy
If you want, do a backup before, but all data should be kept.

I did this as mentioned Mi Note 10 - from weekly 20.3.5 to 20.3.12. not it is in bootloop, any advice ?