Update.zip Signature Verification Failed

Ben.Efrati

Members
Sep 30, 2015
Hi,
I'm using version 5.10.15 and trying to update to latest weekly build (5.10.15 is also weekly build).
I tried to update via Updater but got "Update.zip Signature Verification Failed". I also changed the filename to update.zip but the result is same.
I read that I can flash TWRP and then Wipe, but I don't want to loss any data on my phone.
Is there any way to update to latest weekly build without information (data) loss?
Thanks,
Ben

Reactions: MatrixLinux
Hi Ben,
  1. Flash TWRP
  2. Put the latest update on your your device internal storage (not SD card)
  3. Go into TWRP and install the update
  4. Clear Cache / Dalvik
  5. Reboot
Pretty simple and you will have no data loss.

Reactions: Stefano131270
@Stefano131270 Please express yourself in proper english.
Hi Shadowrunner, most just what you do. I download the ROM with PC with the USB cable I put in the micro sd phone, so I have a copy. I go to tools, updater, I click on the three dots at the top, select the update package, I select micro sd, the phone goes alone in TWRP, once every 3/4 updates I only wipe cache

Hi,
I'm using version 5.10.15 and trying to update to latest weekly build (5.10.15 is also weekly build).
I tried to update via Updater but got "Update.zip Signature Verification Failed". I also changed the filename to update.zip but the result is same.
I read that I can flash TWRP and then Wipe, but I don't want to loss any data on my phone.
Is there any way to update to latest weekly build without information (data) loss?
Thanks,
Ben
Hi Guy You must backup all.... then you must enter in recovery TWRP ( I HATE THIS RECOVERY IN RN2 BECAUSE IT's UNECESSARY) after you have download ROM WEEKLY HERMES, then you give WIPE DATA WIPE CACHE WIPE DALVIK.
You solve immediately and enjoy yourself :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270