Updated to MIUI 14.0.2 but something went wrong. Unable to open any apps

hkah2810

Members
May 20, 2023
Good morning

I am here because I have updated my Redmi Note 10 Pro to MIUI 14.0.2 this morning, and something has obviously gone quite wrong.

I decided to do this when two apps I recently installed failed to open.

I will mention here, previously I could not successfully update the phone because the download would get stuck at about 5%. Once it got as far as 37% a couple weeks ago But then never progressed and I simply never bothered again after that.

I tried again today when teo apps failed to open, on the off chance maybe the download would happen and it did.

I left the phone to update for some time. When I went back I tried to open an app and got the message "Wait until your device is fully rebooted before opening apps'.

I've seen this before a couple time before when I've been a bit to quick to try to open and app on start up and it typically resolved after a few more seconds. This had done no such thing. Every single app gives the same message except the settings app. It is the only one that will open.

I left it again for some time, maybe 20 to 30 min and came back, still not change so at this point I decided to restart the phone. Didn't solve the issue.

I also rebooted in safe mode, the issue persists even in safe mode and no apps open except settings.

Thinking I'm probably going to have to do a factory reset but before that I wanted to back up. Well back up doesn't work either. Back to the device or cloud result in the page just jumping back to the About Phone menu. When i connect the phone to my PC it does not show as a connected device even though the phone is on file transfer mode.

Anyone got any idea? I'd like to save my data, mainly photos and videos if I am able to before doing a factory reset, will be quite upset if I lose them all

Reactions: balki Chittari
I have exactly the same issue. I don't want to loose the data. Any update on this?