New Updater bug 9.8.22

Unfortunately main server responsible for metadata is down (for good), I had to switch to another, what it means is that OTA will not work on 9.8.22 (including all stables we already built and released) and you will have to update manually to 9.8.29.

Unfortunately main server responsible for metadata is down (for good), I had to switch to another, what it means is that OTA will not work on 9.8.22 (including all stables we already built and released) and you will have to update manually to 9.8.29.

thx for the info @ZduneX25, good luck with the new server :D

Reactions: ZduneX25
Visit forum this Friday you will find separate thread for 9.8.29,go there, in OP you will find download link, follow it, select your device, download, copy to the phone, open Updater - 3 dots (menu), install zip, pick downloaded rom and confirm.

Visit forum this Friday you will find separate thread for 9.8.29,go there, in OP you will find download link, follow it, select your device, download, copy to the phone, open Updater - 3 dots (menu), install zip, pick downloaded rom and confirm.
Ok I see
By the way when OTA will be live again?

In this Friday's version, but since it will be last miui 10, we all gonna have to wait for some time to get ota to miui 11.

Reactions: mnshawaty
With this update there is a bug when opening a hotspot on my Mi9.

Opening a hotspot on the Mi9 or configuring it results in a reboot of the phone. Therefore a hotspot cant be used anymore.

In this Friday's version, but since it will be last miui 10, we all gonna have to wait for some time to get ota to miui 11.
I'm currently using stable 10.3.17 for k20 pro.
Can I update it to miui 11's stable release when it'll be available through updater app?

Depends, if What's new? works for you then you already have fixed Updater, but if you get black screen (cause old server is down) you will have to manually download miui11 stable.

Or I could create flashable hotfix package for those who prefer update via OTA.

Depends, if What's new? works for you then you already have fixed Updater, but if you get black screen (cause old server is down) you will have to manually download miui11 stable.

OMG!!!
Please make a hotfix I always prefer OTA update ✅
Device: K20 Pro (CN)

Ya we prefer OTA cause we got notified when new update is come

Did they already release the 9.8.29 version ??
I didn't receive any thing

Reactions: yavovan
Guys please go and check Updater app version after installing hotfix, it should be 8.9, I received one report about hotfix not replacing apk (twrp issue) and I wanna see how it works for you.

Guys please go and check Updater app version after installing hotfix, it should be 8.9, I received one report about hotfix not replacing apk (twrp issue) and I wanna see how it works for you.
its 8.7 after fix

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZduneX25
After flashing hotfix it's 8.7 -.-
Moreover this hotfix updater apk crashes on stable 10.3.16 for k20 pro
But works on .17