Updater force close when to update miui 14

levered93

Members
Jul 18, 2021
I have problems when to update stable miui 14 on my mi 11 pro. It says all mirror have offline then stuck it
Screenshot_2023-01-17-15-51-18-158_com.android.updater.jpg

I have the same problem It tells me "searching for link to update" but then it crashes.

Can I ask everyone a stupid question? I have a MI11 with MIUI13 stable ROM from XIAOMI.EU installed with flashbot method. Can I update via the phone's updater class? I just have to download the rom and do normal update? I saw here on the forum that there is this third way:
"Updating via Updater app: (ROM Type: Recovery)(A Xiaomi.eu ROM must already be installed on your device)"
but I wanted to be sure before doing any damage.
Thanks to whoever will answer me

As I already wrote, you need TWRP.
Your device doesn't have it because your last update was via fastboot. Therefore, you cannot update via the Update app.
If you had the xiaomi.eu ROM installed via TWRP, you could update in the Update app.
But that is not your case at the moment. If you update via TWRP now, you can use OTA for future updates.

Last edited:
As I already wrote, you need TWRP.
Your device doesn't have it because your last update was via fastboot. Therefore, you cannot update via the Update app.
If you had the xiaomi.eu ROM installed via TWRP, you could update in the Update app.
But that is not your case at the moment. If you update via TWRP now, you can use OTA for future updates.

OK thanks. But what you say should be written on the main page of the MIUI14 stable rom and it isn't there. This can get confusing

Requirements:
  • Your device's bootloader must be unlocked.
Installing with TWRP: (ROM Type: Recovery)
(TWRP must be installed with Fastboot mode)
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • If installing for the first time or downgrading: FORMAT "data" partition only
  • Copy the ROM zip file to the internal storage
  • Install -> Select the ROM zip file
  • Reboot to system
  • Done!
Updating via Updater app: (ROM Type: Recovery)
(A Xiaomi.eu ROM must already be installed on your device)
  • Copy the ROM zip file to the internal storage
  • Updater -> Menu (...) -> Select update package
  • Select the ROM zip file
  • Confirm any dialogs
  • Done!
Installing with Fastboot: (ROM Type: Fastboot)
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!