Updating Failure

bReathl3sS

Members
Apr 6, 2016
Hello everyone,
Beforehead: I'm completely new to the Xiaomi devices, the MIUI Interface and using custom ROMs and decided to register here as I got a device preinstalled with a xiaomi.eu-ROM (at least it says so! :)).
My device is a Redmi Note 2 32GB running "MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.10.8 | Beta" as it says in About your phone.
When running an update it just says "cannot download".
I'm willing to learn everything needed in order to run MIUI (like applying roms by myself, flashing etc. ... that's obvious I think because I bought this phone voluntarily). Maybe there's even a beginner guide anywhere here besides the how to install miui?!

Referring back to the title: As updating does not work, and it says a newer one is available shall I just follow the "How to update/upgrade MIUI?" topic? And which user group would I be? As i already changed a lot of settings and installed applications, I basically don't know... and I've no idea what groups [2] and [3] are.
Another information: I'd like to have my native language (german) on the device (I know that only CN and EN are officially supported).

I hope you guys can help me a little getting things going the right way from the start on.
Thank you!

Regards,
bReathl3sS

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270
Hello everyone,
Beforehead: I'm completely new to the Xiaomi devices, the MIUI Interface and using custom ROMs and decided to register here as I got a device preinstalled with a xiaomi.eu-ROM (at least it says so! :)).
My device is a Redmi Note 2 32GB running "MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.10.8 | Beta" as it says in About your phone.
When running an update it just says "cannot download".
I'm willing to learn everything needed in order to run MIUI (like applying roms by myself, flashing etc. ... that's obvious I think because I bought this phone voluntarily). Maybe there's even a beginner guide anywhere here besides the how to install miui?!

Referring back to the title: As updating does not work, and it says a newer one is available shall I just follow the "How to update/upgrade MIUI?" topic? And which user group would I be? As i already changed a lot of settings and installed applications, I basically don't know... and I've no idea what groups [2] and [3] are.
Another information: I'd like to have my native language (german) on the device (I know that only CN and EN are officially supported).

I hope you guys can help me a little getting things going the right way from the start on.
Thank you!

Regards,
bReathl3sS
Hello,
Search a guide, how to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
When you installed TWRP everything will be simple

Reactions: bReathl3sS
Okay I think it was pretty easy. I followed "how-to-easily-install-twrp-recovery" here on the forums with the fastboot method desribed there. It worked but I didn't know what to enter in recovery mde, so for now I just made "read only" and I'm now in the "TWRP 3.0 by Jemmini" menu with the 8 buttons of TWRP.

Okay I think it was pretty easy. I followed "how-to-easily-install-twrp-recovery" here on the forums with the fastboot method desribed there. It worked but I didn't know what to enter in recovery mde, so for now I just made "read only" and I'm now in the "TWRP 3.0 by Jemmini" menu with the 8 buttons of TWRP.
You are strong, you can now install without issues the ROM

You are strong, you can now install without the ROM issues
1. So, to update, you mean I just download the "hermes" from download weekly, put the zip anywhere on my phone and then use "install" inside twrp and navigate to the zip file?
2. How about weekly OTA updates?
3. What about backups if somethings goes wrong?
4. Is the weekly ROM with multilingual support? (german)

Thanks in advance

1. So, to update, you mean I just download the "hermes" from download weekly, put the zip anywhere on my phone and then use "install" inside twrp and navigate to the zip file?
2. How about weekly OTA updates?
3. What about backups if somethings goes wrong?
4. Is the weekly ROM with multilingual support? (german)

Thanks in advance
1) Download the ROM, you can do Updater app, or select the files from TWRP
2) OTA about once a month
3) With TWRP can make a beckup first if you like, is not necessary
4) German, ok

1) Download the ROM, you can do Updater app, or select the files from TWRP
2) OTA about once a month
3) With TWRP can make a beckup first if you like, is not necessary
4) German, ok
1. You mean the about your phone > select file option I think. I'll try that. But is the ROM on top of the list (in this case 6.3.31) always the newest? (forget that, I got how the name is made (year.month.day)
2. But OTA SHOULD work after I update to new ROM, right? :)
3. I mean, is TWRP now thenormal backup manager?

One question remaining:
Can I use OTA for weekly updates? Or is it just like you said before (OTA is only available once a month)?
Some facts about OTA delay:
- OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-800MB)
- Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
- OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 8GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
- So we decided to upload OTA only once per month and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates...

Thanks, got that. Makes sense. So if I'm lazy I'll just wait. Otherwise I'll go here and download the newest manually.
Yes. But if you have a fast connection using the PC to download the ROM, on Friday you have the update now. If you use OTA you need 3 or 4 days after the release of the ROM

How to go back to kitkat form marshmallow? I think I have a hardware problem with my brand new mi4 2GB/16GB model. I immidiately installed marshmallow when I got it but it worked fine for a day and now it shuts down and will not work...

if you need a help with update / recovery / root--> http://adf.ly/1ZYoHh
I hope this video helps you out. if you are liked it please give it a thumbs
up in also subscribe for more videos.

Last edited by a moderator: