Updating from 1.7.29

Dany0

Members
Nov 17, 2010
I wanted to wait for the update one more week last time and then totally forgot about it. Can I update from 1.7.29 directly to tommorow's version without losing anything? I am ready to install CWM and the OTA updater then.

Yeah you can update no problem. As far as I know. I usually only wipe dalvik cache and install. Besides that, if it seems that I'm having issues, I just wood everything and then flash.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

No, you can't..
Not from 1.7.29 to 1.8.19 directly via OTA.

With ota, you need to update 1 by 1, 1.7.29 - 1.8.5 - 1.8.12-1.8.19. It's because you'll (probably) miss out on some lib files and other stuff..
You'll be much better of flashing the latest full rom. If you do MIUI backup of all your stuff before wiping everything and flashing, you only have to re-arrange widgets when you've restored the backup on 1.8.19 ;) And you will also have a much better, cleaner ROM...

No, you can't..
Not from 1.7.29 to 1.8.19 directly via OTA.

With ota, you need to update 1 by 1, 1.7.29 - 1.8.5 - 1.8.12-1.8.19. It's because you'll (probably) miss out on some lib files and other stuff..
You'll be much better of flashing the latest full rom. If you do MIUI backup of all your stuff before wiping everything and flashing, you only have to re-arrange widgets when you've restored the backup on 1.8.19 ;) And you will also have a much better, cleaner ROM...

I completely agree that they need a whole rom but I took the question with the context being something like, "do I have to flash each Tom individually to be able to use OTA, or can I just flash the newest version to get it?" That's how I took the question.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app