upgrade to A12 without formatting

Stregatto85

Members
Feb 27, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a Poco f2 pro, with rom 21.11.3 beta, I would like to update to Android 12, but I don't want to format and install all applications again, will it be possible to do it in the future ??

It is possible even now.

Update procedure:
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS - windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux - linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS - macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Thanks a lot for the answer. are you sure that this procedure will not erase my data and not brick the phone?

I finally found the courage to install the new version via fastboot. I was among the 50% lucky ones which went well. now I would like to know if every week I have to update via fastboot or it is possible to do it from the twrp and if every week the possibility of bricking the phone is always equal to 50%
thank you

I finally found the courage to install the new version via fastboot. I was among the 50% lucky ones which went well. now I would like to know if every week I have to update via fastboot or it is possible to do it from the twrp and if every week the possibility of bricking the phone is always equal to 50%
thank you
Yes, you'll have to flash every update via fastboot untill a reliable twrp is released. This phone is not supported by the official twrp forum so we are probably stack with fastboot updates until the EOL. Bricking while updating via fastboot is less reliable than recovery because fastboot is unpredictable, but if you successfully upgraded to A12 via fastboot and everything went good, you're probably good to go. Personally, i wouldn't use beta version because it's kinda annoying to have done by pc every week