USB problem

peelaa

Members
Jun 23, 2013
Hello people,
I am having difficulty accessing my data from my laptop. In fact it seems apart from charging, the phone and laptop have no idea the cable is even connected.
The phone was running miui kk v6 but I have just updated it to the latest version of v5 to see if the problem is fixed with no joy. Not exactly sure what I am doing wrong?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Probably a broken usb cable. I recently had the same problem. Phone still charges with the cable, but data doesn't work anymore.

Try a different cable from another phone or something, i guarantee it will work again.

Ps.
Your cable can be damaged even if it looks fine from the outside.

Reactions: peelaa
Probably a broken usb cable. I recently had the same problem. Phone still charges with the cable, but data doesn't work anymore.

Try a different cable from another phone or something, i guarantee it will work again.

Ps.
Your cable can be damaged even if it looks fine from the outside.
I have just came across your thread and managed to fix the problem as a result so thanks. It wasn't the cable however as I tried a few different ones but I cleaned out the micro USB port on the phone with a pin (not sure this is recommended) and all is well now.

Reactions: xepyonx