Use a local ringtone and background image without consenting internet data traffic to inbuilt Mi apps?

Andi900rr

Members
Mar 17, 2024
Hi, I am migrating to my new phone. Synchronizing my google account automatically restored the background image (in home screen) I am/was using on my old phone. I would like to keep that image; however on my very old phone (Poco F1, Lineage16 Android 9) the image (which is bigger in size than the size of the home screen) would also strave when swiping right to the screens right beside home. This functionality is lost, i.e. I did not find any settings for that.

Also, I recognized, as soon as I give consent to the Mi background image app, this image is lost and I cannot set it again as background image. As far as I understand, I could install the google wallpaper app? Or can backgrounds only be set via the standard Mi App? What kind of data is sent by the Mi App, does it use the internet data only for loading content or does it send user data?

Same question for the ringtone, I would like to migrate my old ringtones/notification tone, when necessary as locally copied file (.mp3 or whatever format). Tbh, preferably backupped with my google account so I do not have to set everything manually each time I migrate to a new phone (I am planning to dual use my old phone and try different Roms on it, but would like to also use the same google account on it).

Thanks for suggestions, regards