Use Broken Screen Poco F3 as 5G Hotspot

giubari

Members
Mar 9, 2023
I have a rooted Poco F3 with totally Broken Screen with Debug USB enabled, Pattern Lock and one of latest MIUI.EU stable release.
I can access it via adb only from TWRP Recovery (unlocking data partition with numbers corresponding to the pattern lock).

If I connect and boot it while in normal mode I cannot use Debug USB I suppose because it needs to be unlocked first via pattern.

I would like to use it as a 5G hotspot because on the market these kind of devices cost a lot.

Is there a way to remove the pattern lock or enable the debug in normal mode so I can use it as Hotspot?

Code:
adb shell rm /data/system/locksettings.db
Haven't tried removing locksettings/gatekeeper files for years, but it used to be a valid method to remove screenlock if you knew the decryption password, but screenlock didn't accept it for whatever reason. Can also try renaming it should removing it cause a bootloop.

If it's a spare phone you'll no longer use as a daily driver, you could replace the screen with an lcd knockoff from aliex for 25-35€, it won't be as good as original, but would make it usable (or original one for 120-140)

Reactions: mik101
Code:
adb shell rm /data/system/locksettings.db
Haven't tried removing locksettings/gatekeeper files for years, but it used to be a valid method to remove screenlock if you knew the decryption password, but screenlock didn't accept it for whatever reason. Can also try renaming it should removing it cause a bootloop.

If it's a spare phone you'll no longer use as a daily driver, you could replace the screen with an lcd knockoff from aliex for 25-35€, it won't be as good as original, but would make it usable (or original one for 120-140)
I will try removing locksettings and then buy the lcd.
I didn't think about this cheap possibility. Thanks!