Using beats audio from 4.4 google play edition rom

Riichard63

Members
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

I have a question, how to take beats audio and dolby from this rom to use it on CM11 (android 4.4 too)? I'm a noob in android developpement, I would like to try and older flashable zip but I'm not sure about compatibility between android 4.3 and 4.4, so I didn't try for the moment, I don't want to re-install everything again. Yeah I'm a bit lazy sometimes!
Should I just put in system folders MusicFX.apk and related .so lib file from google play edition rom? Will it work like this? If yes which lib should I take? (I already know how to r/w my system folder)
Yes, I want to keep CM11 it's really good on my mi2s, but I'm missing audio features (sound on this rom can be improved, and I know the xiaomi phones are coming with dolby).

So can you help me? Just tell me if I'm right and listing lib files and wich apk I have to put into my rom (or better if someone can provide me a zip with everything but it's not a obligation).

Thanks in advance.

Hum, yeah I wasn't thinking about backup. Okay I'll try, hoping everything gonna work.
Thanks =)

Edit : I tried with all audio files I've found in the google play rom, but it's not working, the system never start.

Last edited:
I tried but CWM don't want to install it, anyway I'm trying different mods, I'll try to see which one is the best ;)

Edit : Hum no, it was an other one.
Edit 2 : It's hard to ear the difference. It might be placebo. Finally I've chosen this one.

Last edited:
I'm trying out 4.4 Google Play Edition rom right now and can't find Beats Audio.

Are you using the 1.4 build or 2.2? I'm on 2.2 and it just looks like pure google to me.

Edited: No Swype keyboard either.

Hey,

No, I'm not using this rom, I'm using CyanogenMod 11 made by cofface, I was just wondering if this beats is able to improve the audio quality, because on all rom made for xiaomi devices the only one which have a perfect sound quality is MIUI with dolby.
I don't know why devs doesn't include the MIUI Dolby to their custom rom.

Maybe on the google play edition beats is just a stealth application (only lib files and an equalizer). I hope cofface will improve this version of cyanogen for Mi2S and add Dolby, improve camera quality, and fix the video recording sound bug. And the rom I'm using should be really perfect.
(For the keyboard try to install the playstore one)

Ah, I see. I'm really just interested in gaining a new feature of Google+ called Auto Awesome Movies (like HTC's Zoe) that apparently is only available on devices with 4.3 and up. So far, it hasn't worked.

Swyped from my Mi2S