Using Zepp/amazfit/mifit with miui.eu 12.0.2

Scott86

Members
Jun 1, 2021
I'm running the .eu moded rom on my redmi 9s(curtana) and everything works *reasonably* well, but i cant for the life of my get the ZEPP fit app to run. Before when i had a miband 4(coming from a Zuk Z2) i just ended up selling the thing... But recently i got an amazfit bip s. I deliberately didnt get a xiaomi one because i felt like the mi fit app/mi account page on the phones settings page were conflicting(even though I was signing in with the same account) since the exact same app worked fine on other peoples phones that didnt have the xiaomi account integrated in their rom.
Issue is, only after getting the amazfit bip s did i realize its ALSO running off the Mi Fit ecosystem... And when i try to log into it through the zepp app, i get the EXACT same issue as before. If i try to log in using my mi-fit account, it says it fails to log in. If i try to make a new account through zepp, it gets me to the account settings page where i can input my details, but it cant sync the data. When i log out, and try to log back in using the account i just made for it, i get "login failed. please try again". If i link my google account to it(something i NEVER wanted to do) it gives me the same error. Meanwhile if i try this stuff on a different phone, it works fine.

So i can basically narrow it down to the phone itself, or more likely the rom.(and yeah, i tried logging out and in from the android settings mi account page too, and all the combinations of that stuff with the system account logged in/out aswell).

Does anyone have any input on how to fix this? Or am i just f*#&ed? My guess is i'm gonna need to switch to a different rom, in which case what does this community recommend?

Cant seem to edit my post, but i figured it out.
(For those who might be in the same situation, as unlikely as it is, the fix was to switch to a different rom. The up-to-date xiaomi.eu one[12.5.4] gives me zero issues logging in, so it must have been a unique issue in the 12.0.2 and earlier releases.)