New [v10.0.4 Stable][Mi 8] Factory reset makes it reboot perpetually

XPanBC

Members
Sep 7, 2018
Hi,

After installing the v10.0.4 Stable ROM by Fastboot + TWRP, I finished the initial setup. And shortly I tried to factory reset it, it started to reboot perpetually.

Thankfully I fixed it by reinstalling the official ROM, and I reinstalled the v10.0.4. I dare not try it again, so not sure if it is only an accident or a bug.

By the way, when the issue happened, I tried to enter BL mode, but it shows an empty battery rather than a rabbit. But still I was able to flash the official rom.

Thanks!

How did you manage to flash the official rom? I Have the same problem but i can't do nothing, I cant go to recovery, BL don't work... And I did the same as you, I installed the v10.0.4 Stable and factory reset the phone, can you give me the steps that you make to install the official rom?

How did you manage to flash the official rom? I Have the same problem but i can't do nothing, I cant go to recovery, BL don't work... And I did the same as you, I installed the v10.0.4 Stable and factory reset the phone, can you give me the steps that you make to install the official rom?

Hi,

I followed the Fastboot Update guide here:

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

I could only see an empty battery rather than a rabbit when I tried to enter Fastboot mode. But I guess it was actually in Fastboot mode because it worked.

Please note that you will need to choose the option "clean all" instead of the default "clean all and lock".

Good luck!