Video calling in google talk doesn't work in any miui or stock rom.

Shoane

Members
Jan 24, 2013
Has anyone tried it and got it to work? I did not manage to make it work it starts the call but it doesn't show video from the caller and the caller doesn't see video from me. Also it seems that also voice call on talk doesn't work also. Can anyone confirm?

I initially thought that too, but mine did end up working eventually. It does appear to be temperamental and not working the way it should though.

Two more apps that aren't working properly for me on MIUI are Netflix and Plex for Android.

Netflix audio is out of sync and Plex control interface is not acting the way it should.

Yeah but i haven't managed one successful call(video/voice) on any rom. Even if using same Wifi, full signal. Tried with different phones on the same wifi and it worked like a peach. :) I was watching the logcat once and it seemed to show some errors, something having to do with camera drivers i don't remeber now.

Yeah but i haven't managed one successful call(video/voice) on any rom. Even if using same Wifi, full signal. Tried with different phones on the same wifi and it worked like a peach. :) I was watching the logcat once and it seemed to show some errors, something having to do with camera drivers i don't remeber now.
Can you please check the gtalk version from app info and post it here. I think you are using ICS version which have video problem. If it was already installed (in MIUIandroid version) then may be clearing data for gtalk can help.

Version 4.1.2-485486(330) It came with Miui 3.3.1. Will try later to see if clearing cache will work.

If audio and videocalling chrased on Google Talk
Try this:
Copy this files from system/lib folder,set permission to rw-r--r-- and reboot.
Zip contains:
libvoicesearch.so
libvideochat_jni.so
libvideochat_stabilize.so

Attachments

• lib.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
i wonder what its different from this lib than the one that its included in the weekly rom, if this fix the issue maybe we should integrate this libs into weekly builds from now on, in my case the voice dont crash but i cant still make a voice call on gtalk it sounds gibberish, the same happen with hangouts