Video starts playing after i receive a notification

Bob mi max 3

Members
Sep 17, 2018
Phone :Mi Max 3
Rom : Xiaomi.eu - 9.6.27 beta

So , my problem is if i start playing a video or watching YouTube and i lock the screen (because i dont have time to fully watch the video) lets say 5 min later a got message or a notification the screen will unlock and the video will start to play , which i really dont want because i dont have the phone in my hand 24h a day

Before 9.6.27 i had the 8.11.15 xiaomi.eu or simillar cant remember the exact name and never had this problem

Is this a bug ?
Or i have to enable/disable something in the settings?

If someone knows how to fix this would be great.
Or someone with the latest xiaomi.eu rom colud try it if that does the same or not.

Plz

Thanks

Ok , i done a bit of testing and i found a solution for this,
So only the mi video app (the built in video app) does this - i play a video - lock the screen and the video will start playing if i get a notification or i touch the fingerprint sensor at the back or if i press the lock button on the side (does not matter if i got pattern lock or fingerprint lock or no security at all)

so i disabled the mi video app with Titanium backup (freeze it) and use vlc player

all good now.

Ok , i done a bit of testing and i found a solution for this,
So only the mi video app (the built in video app) does this - i play a video - lock the screen and the video will start playing if i get a notification or i touch the fingerprint sensor at the back or if i press the lock button on the side (does not matter if i got pattern lock or fingerprint lock or no security at all)

so i disabled the mi video app with Titanium backup (freeze it) and use vlc player

all good now.
You could have literally done the same by holding Mi Video app icon -> App info -> Disable.

Reactions: Bob mi max 3
Phone :Mi Max 3
Rom : Xiaomi.eu - 9.6.27 beta

So , my problem is if i start playing a video or watching YouTube and i lock the screen (because i dont have time to fully watch the video) lets say 5 min later a got message or a notification the screen will unlock and the video will start to play , which i really dont want because i dont have the phone in my hand 24h a day

Before 9.6.27 i had the 8.11.15 xiaomi.eu or simillar cant remember the exact name and never had this problem

Is this a bug ?
Or i have to enable/disable something in the settings?

If someone knows how to fix this would be great.
Or someone with the latest xiaomi.eu rom colud try it if that does the same or not.

Plz

Thanks

disable mi video