Volte

Goran Vikman

Members
Feb 8, 2016
Hi,i cant activate the ( Voice over LTE) it did funcion on miui 9 is there anyone out there to give mi a hand?

Hi, try to use that code *#*#86583#*#* and then come back in settings the VoLTE button should be blu now. It did works on my MI5
it works, but I think it was disabled due to carrier check.

Hello,
I enabled the VoLTE button by *#*#86583#*#* code and activate it on 4 Xiaomi phones.
The VoLTE is also activated on my 4G SIM card by the Mobile provider (Vivacom - Bulgaria). VoLTE function was tested and work on R5+ and RN5, both phones with last MIUI Global stable ROM, but it not work on Mi5 and R3s which are with last MIUI by Xiaomi.eu, beta.
How to activate VoLTE on phone, running on MIUI by Xiaomi.eu?
I am waiting for your ideas?

Изпратено от моят MI 5 с помощта на Tapatalk

Mi5 doesn't have all European LTE bands, so it might not be compatible. 4G+ and VoLTE not available for me either, in Romania. Wasn't available in Bulgaria either, when I was there 2 weeks ago. MIUI10 .eu ROM.

I think the bands are not the problem, because the phone works in LTE mode, only Voice over LTE is not functioning. Maybe something in it firmware....

Изпратено от моят MI 5 с помощта на Tapatalk

It does work in LTE mode, but I think it should support LTE+/4G+, connecting to 2 or more bands simultaneously for VoLte to work, not only one(normal LTE). I used A Huawei P10 for a short time and that connected to 4G+ and had VoLte and VoWIFI available for my carrier.
Not sure if 4G+ is needed for VoLTE to work, though. Sadly there are very few carriers in Europe with which M5 can get 4G+ because it does not have the very common(here) band 20...