Invalid Vowifi Xiaomi phones Belgium

dewingerd

Members
Jun 15, 2016
I have a poco F2 Pro and live in Belgium. My telecom provider activated vowifi for my account but it is not working on my Poco F2 Pro.
When I open the "MBN config loading and activating tool" I can only select the mbn, config file from "Orange" and "Proximus" but NOT from "Telenet", which is one of the biggest telecom operators in Belgium :(
Any solutions ??

I have a poco F2 Pro and live in Belgium. My telecom provider activated vowifi for my account but it is not working on my Poco F2 Pro.
When I open the "MBN config loading and activating tool" I can only select the mbn, config file from "Orange" and "Proximus" but NOT from "Telenet", which is one of the biggest telecom operators in Belgium :(
Any solutions ??
Telenet is an MVNO using the Mobistar/Orange network.
It has no separate MBN. Orange_BE (EU/Orange/Commercial/BE/mcfg_sw.mbn) is the closest MBN you can use.

Telenet is an MVNO using the Mobistar/Orange network.
It has no separate MBN. Orange_BE (EU/Orange/Commercial/BE/mcfg_sw.mbn) is the closest MBN you can use.

Below is from wikipedia :

Technical information[edit]
The operator's display logo is BASE, the net code is 206 20 and operates under 900/1800 MHz GSM, 900/2100 MHz UMTS, 800/1800/2600 MHz LTE.[5]

So it should have a separte MBN ?

Below is from wikipedia :

Technical information[edit]
The operator's display logo is BASE, the net code is 206 20 and operates under 900/1800 MHz GSM, 900/2100 MHz UMTS, 800/1800/2600 MHz LTE.[5]

So it should have a separte MBN ?
The firmware has no MBNs for BASE. The nearest thing is KPN Netherlands (as I understand, BASE formerly belonged to KPN), so the closest thing you can try is KPN_Netherlands_Commercial (EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn).

The firmware has no MBNs for BASE. The nearest thing is KPN Netherlands (as I understand, BASE formerly belonged to KPN), so the closest thing you can try is KPN_Netherlands_Commercial (EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn).
Hi Igor,

I tried my simcard this weekend in a Samsung, Iphone and LG phone, and vowifi worked perfect in all 3 phones.
Then I tried in a Mi 9 of my wife and a redmi note 8 pro of my son, and vowifi does not work.
So if vowifi doesnt work in any Xiaomi phone with my telecom provider "Telenet", but it does work with all other phone manufacturers I think we can say this really is a bug in the Xiaomi software. And in the rom of the LG V30 H930 i did found a mcfg_sw.mbn file specific for Telenet. But this is for SnapDragon 835 so It doesn't work with my SD 865 Poco F2 Pro.
If you want I can mail you the config file.

Greetings, dewingerd.

I tried my simcard this weekend in a Samsung, Iphone and LG phone, and vowifi worked perfect in all 3 phones.
Then I tried in a Mi 9 of my wife and a redmi note 8 pro of my son, and vowifi does not work.
So if vowifi doesnt work in any Xiaomi phone with my telecom provider "Telenet", but it does work with all other phone manufacturers I think we can say this really is a bug in the Xiaomi software.
It's not a bug. VoLTE and VoWiFi support for certain carriers is not mandatory and not guaranteed. Even my operator lists the devices which officially support VoLTE/VoWiFi, and no Xiaomi phone is among them... You should have checked with your operator whether your specific devices supports their VoLTE/VoWiFi services.

If you want I can mail you the config file.
There's nothing I can do with that config file, we don't have control over the modem. Last time we tried to modify it, it was quite a disaster.

It's not a bug. VoLTE and VoWiFi support for certain carriers is not mandatory and not guaranteed. Even my operator lists the devices which officially support VoLTE/VoWiFi, and no Xiaomi phone is among them... You should have checked with your operator whether your specific devices supports their VoLTE/VoWiFi services.

There's nothing I can do with that config file, we don't have control over the modem. Last time we tried to modify it, it was quite a disaster.
Ok, anyways thanks very much for you reply.
And thanks for your great work on the eu roms.