Wakelock After Full Charge

sota01

Members
Jul 23, 2016
Anyone knows how to fix android system wakelock after charging to 100% on Redmi 3S?
Problatic since 02/2017 on two devices.

Reactions: simpple00
I have the same problem.
I think it most of the times when I use non official Xiaomi charger.
Anybody has an idea what causes this error?

It's really annoying to reboot phone all the time after charging.
Without reboot it's never going to "deep sleep" mode.

I think most of the people even don't see the problem because of huge battery.
Even without deep sleep mode the phone can stay charged for one day...

I have the same problem.
I think it most of the times when I use non official Xiaomi charger.
Anybody has an idea what causes this error?

It's really annoying to reboot phone all the time after charging.
Without reboot it's never going to "deep sleep" mode.

I think most of the people even don't see the problem because of huge battery.
Even without deep sleep mode the phone can stay charged for one day...

I use the original charger, which I got with the phone. Did you try stable ROM, if it has this issue? I'm planning to change from xiaomi.eu weekly to xiaomi.eu stable, when MIUI 8.5 comes out, just because this issue.

I think you're right in your last paragraph. I saw many screenshots about 5-6 hours of SOT and people are statisfied with it. I usually get ca. 10 hours. (Of course, when rebooted, so the wakelock is not present.) Okay, I use Greenify, turn off WiFi, when screen is off and turn on airplane mode for night, but that's too much difference.

Some times ago I thought it was only on non official chargers but maybe it's just always after 100%.

I am always on weekly, never tried stable.

I have stable 8.1.5.0 and observed same problem.
Reboot is sufficient to stop it.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3S utilizzando Tapatalk

I tried the 8.5.3.0 stable update for one week ( rooted , debloated ) , but the phone heats up more than usual and the battery life is decreased a little bit ( for me ) and i saw some hiccups ,lag 's and reboots , for exp. freezed lockscrean and then my phone rebooted while i listened to YouTube in the background .Sooo i went back again ( twice ) back to 8.1.5.0 .eu stable rom , the last best for me !

I tried the 8.5.3.0 stable update for one week ( rooted , debloated ) , but the phone heats up more than usual and the battery life is decreased a little bit ( for me ) and i saw some hiccups ,lag 's and reboots , for exp. freezed lockscrean and then my phone rebooted while i listened to YouTube in the background .Sooo i went back again ( twice ) back to 8.1.5.0 .eu stable rom , the last best for me !

If I have to choose, I would choose MIUI 7.5, if there would be a release for our phone, which supports hungarian. MIUI 7 was ligher, faster, smoother and more battery friendly. (And in my opinion it looks better.) But from MIUI 8 the 8.1 was the best obviously. Anyway I'm ok with developer ROMs except this wakelock issue.
By the way, on XDA we got 2 new proffessional developers for our device, whose plan is to make stable Nougat ROMs, let's see, what can they cook for us.

I have the same problem using latest miui 8 developer rom (from xiaomi-miui.gr). Using betterbatterystats I found out it was msm_otg. I can't find a solution rather than rebooting after disconnecting the charger

I solved my problem.
Installed "Battery Charge Limit"

forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/root-battery-charge-limit-t3557002

Set to 99% and control file to "generic".
Works great for me. Deep sleep activated without reboot.

I don't know if that helps with your particular problem or not. Don't expect me to know how that helps :DDD

It helps the phone to go in deep sleep after charging, so resolve problem of this thread.

If you try and it doesn't help you, than ... it's normal. This is how forum works in general. ;-))))

I don't know if that helps with your particular problem or not. Don't expect me to know how that helps :DDD

It helps the phone to go in deep sleep after charging, so resolve problem of this thread.

If you try and it doesn't help you, than ... it's normal. This is how forum works in general. ;-))))
Didn't say anything bad... I just found it strange. you set charge limit to 99% of charging or discharing limit (It has 2 limits to set)

I set 99 for charging. It can be less if you think it's better for battery condition.

The goal is never to achieve 100%.
This somehow works for problem of my phone with lack of deep sleep mode.

This app is nice for battery anyway. Especially while charging at night.

I use generic control file option but maybe it should be set to different one.
I see Mi devices are on the list under different options, but for me generic is fine.

I don't know... Now I just charged my phone until 95% and I got wakelock... Well, after this and MIUI 9, I'm really thinking on change to a Nougat based ROM. If all goes well, soon we will get official support for LineageOS. Anyway... Does anybody face this on official (MIUI) ROMs?

I don't know... Now I just charged my phone until 95% and I got wakelock... Well, after this and MIUI 9, I'm really thinking on change to a Nougat based ROM. If all goes well, soon we will get official support for LineageOS. Anyway... Does anybody face this on official (MIUI) ROMs?
We don't even have official support for Marshmallow. Only fedosis rom.... We are stuck somehow.... Why isn't Miui 9 any good? Haven't tested it yet...

We don't even have official support for Marshmallow. Only fedosis rom.... We are stuck somehow.... Why isn't Miui 9 any good? Haven't tested it yet...
My problem with MIUI 9 is, that it didn't bring any new intresting features on Marshmallow, no split screen, no Nougat, not even a newer security patch level. And it isn't much more optimized, okay, it's a very bit smoother, but it uses more RAM. I have the 2GB variant, on MIUI 8 with all apps closed I had 1000-800 MB free RAM. With MIUI 9 I have 800-500. And the battery drains faster too. And the phone released more than a year ago, and this msm_otg still haven't fixed. That's my problem with MIUI, otherwise I would love it.

I set 99 for charging. It can be less if you think it's better for battery condition.

The goal is never to achieve 100%.
This somehow works for problem of my phone with lack of deep sleep mode.

This app is nice for battery anyway. Especially while charging at night.

I use generic control file option but maybe it should be set to different one.
I see Mi devices are on the list under different options, but for me generic is fine.

@Krzysiek B.
Does it still working?

I just recently made clean install of xiaomi.eu rom.
At first it wasn't working, but after I changed in programer options, what phone should do when usb is connected to "charge this device", my problems stopped again.
I still use this program to limit charging to 98% or so.

For battery saving and charging I use Magic Charging Switch and Sysconfig Patcher from VR25 on Magisk. Really good.

Well, I haven't used MIUI for a long time, so I haven't tried any of the solutions for this bug, but I tried to make a patch. (I haven't tested this too, so try it on your own responsibility, I just share it because it may work.) I did some research and theoriticaly it should work. It actually disables the USB port, when there aren't any power source. You need a rooted phone for this, and "Automate" app. This patch is a flow file for this app, download it and import it in the app. Make sure in MIUI settings, that this app is running in the background, and in Automate settings turn on "Resume flows after reboot". Any feedback is welcomed.
Link to the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1182tx7I8-Tf6KEa5WKOrGLYehP4vxEz-/view?usp=drivesdk