Wallpaper app [Redmi Note9 ProEU]

FloWirus

Members
Jan 2, 2017
Hi.
I used ADBAppControl to clean my phone from redundant apps but I uninstall wallpaper app and now I can't set any wallpaper. Could someone use ADBAppControl to make backup from this app for me?

My rom:

xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V12.5.7.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11.zip​

Ps.
I tried update rom via recovery menu but it didn't solve the problem.

In AppControl if you uninstall a system app it is not gone completely, you can reinstall it from AppControl or you can reinstall it with adb if you issue adb shell cmd package install-existing [name.of.the.package] or in case you have root you can use any terminal app and su -c cmd package install-existing [name.of.the.package]

PS: Dirty flashing the ROM can't solve it since the APK is and was and will be there - just the "state" is now changed to uninstalled.

In AppControl if you uninstall a system app it is not gone completely, you can reinstall it from AppControl or you can reinstall it with adb if you issue adb shell cmd package install-existing [name.of.the.package] or in case you have root you can use any terminal app and su -c cmd package install-existing [name.of.the.package]

PS: Dirty flashing the ROM can't solve it since the APK is and was and will be there - just the "state" is now changed to uninstalled.
Even if I choose "no" when AppControl ask me to do backup before uninstall?

Even if I choose "no" when AppControl ask me to do backup before uninstall?
That's there for your safety and because AppControl supports a wide range of SDK levels. Without remounting the /system to RW you can't really change the system like that (eg. deleting files from /system/app or /system/priv-apps) but that would need root in the running system. More info: pm disable vs. pm uninstall. When you disable an app a future update can't bring it back, if you uninstall a ROM upgrade can bring it back. Since AppControl is NOT using root (only ADB) you can't modify /system in the way you think it can (eg. actually deleting files like an apk..).