Whatsapp crashing after last MIUI update

andyteleco

Members
Apr 15, 2014
Hello,

after upgrading my MI2S to MIUI 4.9.12 Whatsapp has started constantly crashing rendering it unusable. The following exception seems to be triggering everything:

java.lang.classcastexception: com.android.org.bouncycastle.*****.params.keyparameter cannot be cast to com.android.org.bouncycastle.*****.params.parameterswithiv

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the app, and I have even wiped all cache and user data but the problem keeps coming up.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers

The very same thing is happening to me on mi mi2s. One of the most annoying bugs ever.
Uninstalling the app and deleting all the data is useless. Whatsapp simply crashes immediately after being launched. Or after having validated the phone number...
I hope someone will seriously take in consideration the bug reports i am sending to miui about this...

Reactions: LincolnG
Hello,

after upgrading my MI2S to MIUI 4.9.12 Whatsapp has started constantly crashing rendering it unusable. The following exception seems to be triggering everything:

java.lang.classcastexception: com.android.org.bouncycastle.*****.params.keyparameter cannot be cast to com.android.org.bouncycastle.*****.params.parameterswithiv

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the app, and I have even wiped all cache and user data but the problem keeps coming up.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers
Whats app issue, has nothing todo with Miui 4.9.12 ;) as far as i know they already updated the version on playstore

I have downloaded the apk but now I can't verify my number as I requested the verification through disa.im and it failed and I have to wait for over 20 hours to request it again. I have tried to ask Whatsapp customer support to reset the counter but on past experience I don't think they will even bother to reply to my email.

I am getting exactly the same problem on my REDMI 1 running JHBCNBF17.0 . I have tried factory reset, TWRP reset, different ROM version, restoring backups including a restored backup from my partner's REDMI where Whatsapp is working. Uninstall, reinstall, deleting folders - nothing works. As other users have said here, starts crashing just after validation by sms or callback code. I am just going to try the .apk download solution and will report back if it works for me.

The very same thing is happening to me on mi mi2s. One of the most annoying bugs ever.
Uninstalling the app and deleting all the data is useless. Whatsapp simply crashes immediately after being launched. Or after having validated the phone number...
I hope someone will seriously take in consideration the bug reports i am sending to miui about this...

Thank you very much it worked for me too

Happened to me also. (M2s). At first, I thought it because of the whatsapp only but I found out that not only whatsapp, it's everything!! (fb, ig, even browser, and even document!) How? :'(

Happened to me also. (M2s). At first, I thought it because of the whatsapp only but I found out that not only whatsapp, it's everything!! (fb, ig, even browser, and even document!) How? :'(

Your right Crix, my problem was also effecting other apps, Santander, Facebook messenger and even Playstore wouldn't sometimes work. Moreover the phone had become very slow when normally it was super fast.

This morning although (thank GOD) my WhatsApp is working, some of my other apps still aren't and so I am searching for .apk 's for those also.

I can only think that it must be related to some common code, probably security and probably related directly to Playstore or added by Playstore. What is surprising is my version downloaded from Play is exactly the same as the .apk and I also tried the version from MIUI market which also did not work.

This afternoon I will try to raise the issue on the MIUI international where I am a senior member, the problem is how to word it because it is actually quite a difficault thing to explain - I'm not sure I completely understand whats going on myself let alone trying to explain it.

Perhaps others who have posted here could report back and explain what interactions their problem had.

I justfixed it by downloading the latest whatsapp apk directly from whatsapp site:

http://www.whatsapp.com/android
This version is more recent than the one distributed by Google play (at least at the time I am writing)
Thank you.! It fixed like a charm!! Thank you!

Your right Crix, my problem was also effecting other apps, Santander, Facebook messenger and even Playstore wouldn't sometimes work. Moreover the phone had become very slow when normally it was super fast.

This morning although (thank GOD) my WhatsApp is working, some of my other apps still aren't and so I am searching for .apk 's for those also.

I can only think that it must be related to some common code, probably security and probably related directly to Playstore or added by Playstore. What is surprising is my version downloaded from Play is exactly the same as the .apk and I also tried the version from MIUI market which also did not work.

This afternoon I will try to raise the issue on the MIUI international where I am a senior member, the problem is how to word it because it is actually quite a difficault thing to explain - I'm not sure I completely understand whats going on myself let alone trying to explain it.

Perhaps others who have posted here could report back and explain what interactions their problem had.
LincolnG, thank God, I thought I'm the only one who experience this. Yes, just like you described, I experience that too. Thank you thank you.

Anybody know where I can find the .apk for "Banco Mobil Santander España", I tried calling them but they are so thick they could barely understand that they had an Android APP.