Invalid Whatsapp Need official app to work

OnlyTegra

Members
Jul 3, 2024
Hi guys, i recently tried to reflash Xiaomi.eu rom, but i noticed that whatsapp doesnt work, It says i have to download the official app, but i have arleady installed it from PlayStore (and even from the official website via apk), my device isnt rooted with magisk nor ksu and passes basic and device integrity, in PlayStore It says my device Is certified. I dont know why, but in other roms this problem doesnt appear, but only in the xiaomi.eu roms. Is there a way to fix It?

I also tried using root so installing the play integrity fix module and even bootloader spoofer, but without results

This is a problem with the app, you can try using another number to log into WhatsApp, or log in to another device and connect yours as an additional device.

First check if your phone pass device integrity.
Enable Developer options on Play Store by pressing repeatedly on the Play store version label. The Developer option will appear on the General menu.
Enter on the Developer option and initiate Integrity check.
If your phone pass basic and device integrity, then the WhatsApp should allow you to proceed with the initial configuration. Make sure that you have installed official WhatsApp from Play Store, eventually try to clear all application data to reset it.

same for me. thought its the root. did a complete wipe and reinstalled. after the initial setup i downloaded whatsapp but the same.

additional device on my xiaomi 14 not working.

integry is fine.

any solutions?
working on another phone btw

same for me. thought its the root. did a complete wipe and reinstalled. after the initial setup i downloaded whatsapp but the same.

additional device on my xiaomi 14 not working.

integry is fine.

any solutions?
working on another phone btw
seems the problem only appear on xiaomi eu roms and also ports from it,
in any other roms i dont have this problem

WhatsApp uses a hardware attestation to work (only if you used a mod apk in the past).

Some users reported to me that using BootloaderSpoofer (Xposed module) fixes the issue, other way is using TrickyStore (but it doesn't work on XEU roms).

I don't guarantee that it will work because never happened to me.

The best solution is flashing stock ROM, locking bootloader, register WhatsApp and then, unlock, flash XEU... (Only if your TEE isn't broken)

Reactions: gyr0ray0
WhatsApp uses a hardware attestation to work (only if you used a mod apk in the past).

Some users reported to me that using BootloaderSpoofer (Xposed module) fixes the issue, other way is using TrickyStore (but it doesn't work on XEU roms).

The best solution is flashing stock ROM, locking bootloader, register WhatsApp and then, unlock, flash XEU... (Only if your TEE isn't broken)
mh thank you, what is TEE by the way? also. yes i tried to install a mod before but didnt worked, then when i tried to log in with stock it didnt let me in, so thats probably the reason. I tried using another rom that worked like RisingOs and then reflashed Xeu to see if it works. but without results. As i said i arleady tried bootloader spoofer but it didnt work

ok so i search up online of what TEE is and how to check it.. it says i have TEE so i can follow your advice from flash the stock rom, i will update you if everything works. Thank you

I am in the same situation that OnlyTegra, I did everything He did and nothing work.
Please keep this issue up to find a solution.

I have read that changing the device ID can avoid the problem. I don't know how to change the device ID so I can't test it.
After Installing ROM xiaomi.eu_SWEETK6A_OS1.0.8.0.THGMIXM_13 the problem with WhatsApp persist.

Last edited:
I have read that changing the device ID can avoid the problem. I don't know how to change the device ID so I can't test it.
After Installing ROM xiaomi.eu_SWEETK6A_OS1.0.8.0.THGMIXM_13 the problem with WhatsApp persist.
i think It Will break everything so i dont consider It a solution. We only have to wait.. i saw that now some roms pass also strong integrity so maybe whatsapp works in that roms. but i want to see if It Will be added on xiaomi.eu, we Just Need to wait

Reactions: elvisaloha
It´s always a posibility but don't get your hopes up my friend.
Hello, friend. I have the same problem. I have a Xiaomi 14 and after unlocking the bootloader and installing the .eu version, I can no longer run WhatsApp (you need to use the official app) even though it was downloaded directly from the PlayStore. I tried without root, with root using modules that certify the device, but nothing worked. Since I need the app, I had to close the bootloader again and use the global ROM.

same problem with my xiaomi 11T Pro..now i'm using official rom.

but if you want to use whatsapp on eu rom you need to linked device.

Last edited: