Where are new stable versions

Levovej

Members
Aug 14, 2021
Hi im waiting for new stable version for so long, does exist any reason why is this phone does not getting new stable versions?

Have just seen the release announcement for the new 12.5.1 stable version on the telegram channel
#XiaomiEU #MIUI #Stable #ROM #R #Davinci
Xiaomi.eu v12.5.1.0 - STABLE | Android 11.
Updated:
2021-08-25

▪️
Recovery [2.96 GB]

I'll wait until it is visible in the auto updater. Hopefully update will work without problems. Original China rom seems to be released only a day earlier
Will it appear in the auto updater from the last stable version (12.1.2) ?

Last edited:
The Updater app will not find any updates in 12.1.2.0 because it's a too old Updater app version.
What a shame that the updater cannot handle auto updates from stable to stable.
Than i'll predownload and wait a few days (in case the original china rom introduced any big error) before updating.

Is there a need to remove/deactivate lockscreen (pattern/pin/pwd) or can twrp(latest original 3.5.2) update and access the internal data with active lockscreen?

What a shame that the updater cannot handle auto updates from stable to stable.
Than i'll predownload and wait a few days (in case the original china rom introduced any big error) before updating.

Is there a need to remove/deactivate lockscreen (pattern/pin/pwd) or can twrp(latest original 3.5.2) update and access the internal data with active lockscreen?
Recent versions of the Updater app can find updates. :)

There was an important change on April 1st, 2021 requiring an update of the Updater app to find updates.

You don't need to remove/deactivate your lockscreen, TWRP can decrypt data with your lockscreen method. ;)

EDIT: If your PIN/password is not working in TWRP, I highly suggest to install OrangeFox recovery from the link in my signature (or here).

Last edited:
But be careful, i cant decrypt with pin, i have to change on pattern.
BTW. All i have to do is download .zip and start updating through updater app?

But be careful, i cant decrypt with pin, i have to change on pattern.
BTW. All i have to do is download .zip and start updating through updater app?
If you can't decrypt with PIN, you can install OrangeFox recovery from the link in my signature (or here). No issue with PIN. ;)

Yes, I already gave the process in my first post in this thread. ^^

You can also boot in your custom Recovery and install the ROM manually. Same result. :)

Last edited:
If you can't decrypt with PIN, you can install OrangeFox recovery from the link in my signature. No issue with PIN. ;)

Yes, I already gave the process in my first post in this thread. ^^

You can also boot in your custom Recovery and install the ROM manually. Same result. :)

Have this recovery any issues? Im thinking about swap on orangefox

Question.
Read that some custom roms have minimal/recommended firmwares versions. Example the pixel experience guide (https://krispitech.com/how-to-download-install-pixel-experience-custom-rom-on-xiaomi-redmi-note-10/ )
As of right now to install this early build of Pixel Experience on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 we are going to need to start on the required firmware

Is it needed/recommended to update and/or match the Firmware to the rom version before the upgrade?
Does such a firmware update remove twrp?

Firmware is updated to V12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM now too.

Question.
Read that some custom roms have minimal/recommended firmwares versions. Example the pixel experience guide (https://krispitech.com/how-to-download-install-pixel-experience-custom-rom-on-xiaomi-redmi-note-10/ )

Is it needed/recommended to update and/or match the Firmware to the rom version before the upgrade?
Does such a firmware update remove twrp?

Firmware is updated to V12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM now too.
Firmware is included in Xiaomi.eu ROMs like Official ROMs. ;)

Reactions: kogar
Seems like the V12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM is still classified as stable beta for the original china rom. Was already suprised why there was no public beta timeframe. Let's see when xiaomi deems this china version as stable for a roll out to everyone. Maybe there is a need to get a patch version pushed after if there are still errors found in the small beta test.

[not xiaumi.eu - orginal china rom link]

Anyone already tried out an upgrade of the xiaomi.eu stable to stable version?

Seems like the V12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM is still classified as stable beta for the original china rom. Was already suprised why there was no public beta timeframe. Let's see when xiaomi deems this china version as stable for a roll out to everyone. Maybe there is a need to get a patch version pushed after if there are still errors found in the small beta test.

[not xiaumi.eu - orginal china rom link]

Anyone already tried out an upgrade of the xiaomi.eu stable to stable version?
Im on this new version.
But i hitted problem with Bluetooth earphones, hope there is some fix, but everything other is okay, system seems faster

Since it works for you from stable to stable and (at least 59 others on telegram thread installed that version) i have just updated it too.
But to be sure that twrp(decrypting) is working i first manually restarted into recovery where i inputted my pattern lock. Then selected, installed xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20MI9T_V12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM_v12-11.zip and "wipe Cache/Dalvik. Finally "Reboot system" (In my case first start duration about ~4minutes until (nova) launcher started and another ~3 minutes until launcher restarted. Nearly thought i had a soft brick/loop). Now looking into what is new/changed.
At least one change is that i got Widevine (L1) back.

Should have also worked over the internal xiaomi.eu updater.

BTW my cheap miniso bluetooth headset seems to work fine

Edit:
Small Visual bug. On Restart second sim is displayed with the network disconnected symbol, even if the sim card is disabled. Enabling and disabling second simcard removes icon until restart.(After another restart disabled second simcard always shown with disconnected network symbol)
Otherwise no bugs seen yet (besides miui 12.5 stuff changes itself. Like silent/DND timeout/quick schedule removal. Liked the option to quickly enable a 2/8 hour DND setting)

Edit2:
Edge case. i think when full screen gestures was tested and nativ miui launcher was activated.
Recent apps not properly working with third party launchers (In my case nova launcher 7). Many apps not selectable. On scrolling not selectable apps vanish and only icon still visible.
After changing to nova launcher again and phone restart recent apps working again.
Edit3: recent apps bug with third party launcher repeated. Still not sure what is inducing that error. This time when camera app was used. On restart and directly using again recent apps still working
Found another thread here. This is exactly the problem with the recent apps. Tasker hack as described in thread for temporary functionality working too.

Last edited:
Update to 12.5.1.0 RFJCNXM today (by putting the downloaded .zip file in a folder on the phone and using the hamburger menu entry for choosing an update package). Went absolutely flawlessly^^ Thanks for all hints / advises here^^

Reactions: Poney70
Just started the online update[2.8GB] over the internal Xiaomi.EU Updater to MIUI 12.5.2.0.RJCNXM (from MIUI 12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM stable)

Changelog similar to the stable beta CN release (Optimized system performance, Improved system security and stability)

Changelog (Xiaomi.EU)

System
General optimizations, fixes and latest translation updates.

After Updater Download, and starting install
- Reboot into TWRP - decrypt screen lock. Install is started (decompression and copy about 4minutes for me)
- Boot up to MIUI Logo ("Stand still" on the logo for about 5minutes) and then boot into the regular launcher

Seems like it is not the MIUI Enhanced Edition update. But on an indian tweet it was mentioned as the EE update. Is there some setting where changes for EE can be seen? After MIUI update system overall feels smoother, but that could also be just the sideeffect of freshly reinstalling the system.

BTW. The recents bug for third party launcher still exists...

Found DND timer in the extended dot menu. Was it already there in the 12.5.1 version?

Have you noticed any bugs? Is it worth to update?
In the half day usage i haven't found any additional errors (besides the already existing third party launcher recents bug).
But background apps are getting shut down more aggressively than before. Especially when starting a bigger app/game. Bad side of having a snappier smoother UI (enhanced edition?). Nowhere explicitly stated that it is the enhanced edition. At least i haven't found any concrete news yet.

With the previous 12.5.1 Accubattery and Nebulo(dns changer and adblock filterlist) could still mostly run in the background. Now they are always getting closed. Still have to watch if there are any negative impacts for instant messaging apps since most should be awakened by google service background notifications.
If you don't have the need for similar background apps i see no problem not to do the update. From what i see at the moment at least most apps that get's closed, but are set to autostart, get started again.

Edit1:
Scratch that. Comment from that thread seemed to help with force closures of background apps too.
PS: When updating, I always do (from TWRP):
- Wipe Dalwik and Cache
OTA update seems to only do half the work.
Still needed to go back into TWRP and Wipe Dalvik and Cache. Afterwards Background apps seems to run like like in the previous version.

I can also confirm the bug mentioned here with the nativ Gallery app. Doesn't happen with a different gallery/file app
Galery App, if i want delete a picture the app freezes.
Edit2:
Seems like wiping dalvik helped only a little bit with force closures of background apps. After running for a while background apps still gets closed on opening of other "big" apps

Last edited:
Hello.
Lastest stable update (12.5.1 to 12.5.2) will probably erase my root/magisk? Right?