New Where Is Documentui App Or File App

shengruoyu

Members
Dec 29, 2017
I cannot find DocumentUI App or File app which is used for file transfer between apps and sys in MIUI 9.3 by xiaomi.eu 8.2.1 for Mi 6.
When I tried to export files in Dropbox app, sys says DocumentsUI not installed. I cannot find Document App or File app in sys setting-installed apps-show all apps.

The Documents app is usually installed on Xiaomi devices, but disabled. So, other apps cannot find and use it. Try to find it in Settings->Installed Apps, either with the search function or by scrolling through the apps. It may be at the very end of the list, not where you would expect it in an alphabetic sorting. When you find it, click on it and then on "enable". Unfortunately, when your device isn't rooted, the app will auto-disable itself in every reboot, so you will have to enable it after ever rebooting.

The Documents app is usually installed on Xiaomi devices, but disabled. So, other apps cannot find and use it. Try to find it in Settings->Installed Apps, either with the search function or by scrolling through the apps. It may be at the very end of the list, not where you would expect it in an alphabetic sorting. When you find it, click on it and then on "enable". Unfortunately, when your device isn't rooted, the app will auto-disable itself in every reboot, so you will have to enable it after ever rebooting.

It is not "Documents disabled" issue. I have the same on Redmi 3 with MIUI 9.3 by xiaomi.eu 8.2.1 release. the documentsUI.apk is not present in this release - I do not know it is a release bug or intended change.

I have said I cannot find Document App or File app in sys setting-installed apps-show all apps!!!

Reactions: bordzio
Good point. I only needed to find correct version for my Redmi 3 (5. 1. 1 from xiaomi).