Which Magisk Version install?

wizzman

Members
May 19, 2014
When i try to install magisk latest V20.1 (Rom 9.11.7) i can't (error) then i flashed canary version but when i reboot system magisk search update and turn in a loop endless !
How to install Magisk ?

Same issue, if I installe magisk 20.1 on latest release of xiaomi.eu (9.11.7) phone doesn't boot.

On my device 11.0.3 stable was not able to flash magisk from the first try.
I did reboot and tried again an it did flash

I also confirm "no problem" on my Mi9Tpro "raphael" with Magisk 20.1. Running 9.11.7 on Android 10. Nor did I ever have a problem with older versions of Magisk.

Has anybody newest Magisk (20.2) running with newest weekly (20.1.4)?

I tried it to install Magisk via TWRP and everything looks ok. But after booting, Magisk Manager tells me, that Magisk isn't installed.

Has anybody newest Magisk (20.2) running with newest weekly (20.1.4)?

I tried it to install Magisk via TWRP and everything looks ok. But after booting, Magisk Manager tells me, that Magisk isn't installed.

I can't try with 20.1.4 on Mi 9T but 20.1.2 is working fine.
Did you use the "Hide Magisk Manager" feature before? (This asks for a new Magisk Manager's app name, to help to hide it)
If you didn't know: You don't need to install "Magisk Manager" separately, it's already inside Magisk's zip package and it will be installed if necessary.
;)

@Poney70

Sorry was a typo. Is 20.1.2 on my Mi9T PRO. But doesn't work. Very strange, because you told me, it works with your 9T PRO (or do you use the "non PRO" Version?).

Yes i used the "Hide Magisk feature" before. Maybe this causes the problem? I'l try to "uninstall" Magisk completly and try again to install it fresh.

And thanks, but i know there is no need to install the manager sperately. i think its "over" from last install.

@Poney70

Sorry was a typo. Is 20.1.2 on my Mi9T PRO. But doesn't work. Very strange, because you told me, it works with your 9T PRO (or do you use the "non PRO" Version?).

Yes i used the "Hide Magisk feature" before. Maybe this causes the problem? I'l try to "uninstall" Magisk completly and try again to install it fresh.

And thanks, but i know there is no need to install the manager sperately. i think its "over" from last install.

I have the "non PRO" version. ;)

You need to open the renamed "Magisk Manager" app and remove the original "Magisk Manager" app, yes. :)

Of course you can clear everything with magisk_uninstaller package too. ^^

Reactions: letsdoit
Hi guys! I've been struggling to root my xiaomi mi 9 transparent running xiaomi.eu 11.0.6. I've tried with twrp 3.3.1-52 and magisk 20.2 and other older combinations and every time i get stuck in recovery until i uninstall magisk. Any viable root solutions??