Which partitions are safe to wipe in TWRP?

aero_456

Members
Dec 4, 2020
I know that you shouldn't wipe System and Persist under no circumstances. I'm just asking because whenever I do a clean install of Xiaomi.eu ROM some older files or app configurations are still available. Is it safe to wipe the Internal Storage partition along with Dalvik/Cache, Cache and Data?

If you will wipe internal storage you will lost all you backups and images/photos, moreover you never do it before flashing, cause you will remove rom as well.

The reason why I asked this is because I had magisk installed and I decided to install Riru and Riru EdXposed and now SafetyNet keep failing (I knew that if you install Xposed your phone will fail SafetyNet check), so I removed them and after rebooting my phone the SafetyNet check kept failing no matter what. So I decided to format Data, Wipe Dalvik and Cache and install 21.4.21 again hoping that the safety check will pass, but it didn't. Whenever I check SafetyNet with Magisk it fails but when I check it with any other app on the Play Store it passes. That's why I asked if is safe to wipe Internal Storage (and then obviously copy the ROM to my phone).

The reason why I asked this is because I had magisk installed and I decided to install Riru and Riru EdXposed and now SafetyNet keep failing (I knew that if you install Xposed your phone will fail SafetyNet check), so I removed them and after rebooting my phone the SafetyNet check kept failing no matter what. So I decided to format Data, Wipe Dalvik and Cache and install 21.4.21 again hoping that the safety check will pass, but it didn't. Whenever I check SafetyNet with Magisk it fails but when I check it with any other app on the Play Store it passes. That's why I asked if is safe to wipe Internal Storage (and then obviously copy the ROM to my phone).
1) You can pass SafetyNet with Xposed (Rikka) & EdXposed (Riru) magisk modules => Use latests versions and enable "Pass SafetyNet" option in "EdXposed Manager" app (settings).

2) The SafetyNet checker in Magisk app doesn't work, it will be fixed in next stable update of Magisk (it's already fixed in latest canary version). If SafetyNet is passing with another "SafetyNet test" app, then it's fine...

Reactions: aero_456
1) You can pass SafetyNet with Xposed (Rikka) & EdXposed (Riru) magisk modules => Use latests versions and enable "Pass SafetyNet" option in "EdXposed Manager" app (settings).

2) The SafetyNet checker in Magisk app doesn't work, it will be fixed in next stable update of Magisk (it's already fixed in latest canary version). If SafetyNet is passing with another "SafetyNet test" app, then it's fine...
Ok thank you very much

Reactions: Poney70