Which ROM do you recommend?

00Schneider

Members
Feb 23, 2014
Hello everybody.

I want to install a KitKat-Custom-Rom on my MI2a. It should be stable and proper for everyday use.

Which one do you use? Which did you already test? Which one would you recommend and which one isn't that good?

Maybe you even want to write a little review about some Roms?!

Thank you!!!

Here is my personal experience using some of KitKat ROM:

1. MokeeOS
Earlier version is great. I don't find any bugs whatsoever. But latest update seems buggy as I got random reboot often.

2. OmniROM
Same as MokeeOS, smooth and looks so stable, but random reboot seems worse than MokeeOS. Can't stand more than 1 day.

3. CyanogenMod 11
The ROM I'm using now. Stable and smooth, and I got random reboot once and I've been using it for 4 days.

So, the best one for me is earlier version of MokeeOS.

ive tried basically every rom, and my conclusion is that there is no rom yet for this phone which is stable and fast enough for daily use

so stick to MIUI until Xiaomi releases an official KitKat AOSP

Since a few months Miui isn't running that smooth anymore on my mi2a. And: Apps running in the background (like music-app) are closing from time to time. So it's really annoying.

So I hope everything runs fine again, when Miui V6 comes ( -> http://gsminsider.com/2013/11/miui-android-4-4-kitkat-february-2014/ )

But until then i decided to try some Custom ROMs.

The first ROM I am testing is this AOSP "Valentines Edition" from 14.02.2014: http://www.miui.com/thread-1620665-1-1.html

First impression: Running smooth and stable so far, much better than my Miui in the past months. Everything seem to work. (I'm planing to install 'xposed framework' with gravity box and greenify, too).

(A problem with True Dual Boot: I only got half of my memory for apps and data now :-( So not much space for music and stuff...)

Last edited:
Miui Ivan is a good choice. I also used CM 11 by Gingwu . Radio FM doesn't work . Elsewhere nothing wrong to comment , no FC.