Why does my Magisk root disappear?

Ibrahim bahakim

Members
Dec 13, 2020
Hello.. I don't kkow or why this is happening but it is not first time. Basically just out of the blue when I open the Magisk app it shows the message from the attached picture. It is like the apk is not installed I hid the app "rename it as manager"

This had happened many times even before this last weekly update.

My phone is Mi 10 Ultra with weekly rom installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-17-08-47-00-497_esd.v.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-17-08-47-00-497_esd.v.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 240
Do not forget you have to reinstall Magisk after every ROM updates you do. ;)

I don't see any other reason than that. :)

How do I do it?.
When I open the hidden apk i can press on install
Then what do I do? Do I delete the old one or what?
If I do then what's next??

It works thanks. It is funny how a very difficult issue has such such an easy solution.

Thanks so much.

The issue occurs sometimes if you dont unhide magisk by itself before you update the rom. After updating the rom and reboot, install magisk from twrp again and all your modules and configs will be there. Then you can hide magisk by itself again

Reactions: Ibrahim bahakim
The issue occurs sometimes if you dont unhide magisk by itself before you update the rom. After updating the rom and reboot, install magisk from twrp again and all your modules and configs will be there. Then you can hide magisk by itself again
Ah I see.
Actually I don't understand the point of the hide function. Since yesterday I did not hide Magisk. And all my apps are working just fine.

Even updated the rom to the newest weekly just now and Magisk works just fine

Reactions: katerpanne
Ah I see.
Actually I don't understand the point of the hide function. Since yesterday I did not hide Magisk. And all my apps are working just fine.

Even updated the rom to the newest weekly just now and Magisk works just fine

if all your apps are running fine, you dont have to hide magisk by itself
it is a further option to hide magisk from other applications if they detect magisk