Why MI8SE go to hard brick

ND Phuc

Members
Jan 14, 2019
First my phone (Mi8SE) in this rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_8.12.20_v10-9 then I updated to this rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_9.1.3_v10-9
After flash with TWRP (version TWRP-3.2.3-1102-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150) it jump to FASTBooT AND lost TWRP. (
I can't flash TWRP again. even I try this version -TWRP-3.2.3-1227-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150.I Fastboot boot twrp
and it said Failed to load/authenticate boot image:Load Error and my phone still in fastboot mode.
I use MiFlash to flash this rom sirius_images_V10.0.1.0.OEBCNFH_20180824.0000.00_8.1_cn_8433266209 and install TWRP -3.2.3-1102 and It's seem OK.
But problem when I try to restore the TWRP backup of my phone with Rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_8.12.20_v10-9 AND WHEN DONE,IT REBOOT TO SYSTEM THEN THE SCREEN BLACK AND CAN NOT TURN ON.SO MY PHONE HARD BRICK. and in My device manager of computer,no see any new device attach so that can not Miflash any more.
So the question:Why It Hard Brick ???

Maybe MiFlash and lock BL.?
Or change from Android 9 to 8 to 9.?
Never take a TWRP System Backup, only Data.!

I think MiFlash not lock BL.because I stick clean all and Install TWRP 1102 OK
So may be I changeed Android 8 to 9 from restore backup all of TWRP backup (System,data,boot,recovery...all) so May be it HARD BRICK my phone.
So what I should do next for UNBRICK my phone.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
I think MiFlash not lock BL.because I stick clean all and Install TWRP 1102 OK
So may be I changeed Android 8 to 9 from restore backup all of TWRP backup (System,data,boot,recovery...all) so May be it HARD BRICK my phone.
So what I should do next for UNBRICK my phone.
Thanks all.
FIRST step is to get your phone visible from the computer reinstalling ADB drivers
From this what will be the visible driver, generic or flashable?
We are with you.

I try to reinstall ADB fastboot driver,Xiaomi driver and Qualcom driver,but nothing happen.My PC can not see any new device attached.So I search in Youtube,there is a method to unbox the back cover and jump EDL mode then MiFlash again.IS THERE HAVE ANY METHOD WITHOUT UNBOX THE BACK COVER OF THE PHONE??..May be I should go to Mi service for help.
Thanks all.

I try to reinstall ADB fastboot driver,Xiaomi driver and Qualcom driver,but nothing happen.My PC can not see any new device attached.So I search in Youtube,there is a method to unbox the back cover and jump EDL mode then MiFlash again.IS THERE HAVE ANY METHOD WITHOUT UNBOX THE BACK COVER OF THE PHONE??..May be I should go to Mi service for help.
Thanks all.
Try another computer. that's impossible the phone doesn't answer!

Thanks all.
Ông lên miui. vn trên đó có mấy topic cứu hardbrick đó. Hoặc nước cuối là đem lại chỗ mua để họ cứu vs phí 400k.

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Ừa bạn ạ,nó mở máy ra chọt test point,cứu lại được,giờ đang chạy xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_9.1.3_v10-9 ,TWRP 1227,nhưng data thì mất hết.Chẳng hiểu restore TWRP làm cái máy bị brick đúng nghĩa luôn,chẳng thấy ai bị brick như mình cả (toàn up nhầm rom,chưa unlock bootloader này nọ...)

After go to Mi service,they unbricked my phone successful by unbox the back cover,MiFlash in EDL mode success.Now my phone is normal in this rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_9.1.10_v10-9,TWRP 1227.
So how we backup the app,data..etc??? by MIUI back up?.
Thank all.

After go to Mi service,they unbricked my phone successful by unbox the back cover,MiFlash in EDL mode success.Now my phone is normal in this rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_9.1.10_v10-9,TWRP 1227.
So how we backup the app,data..etc??? by MIUI back up?.
Thank all.
Great!
Where is MIservice? is it in HCM?
The simplest backup is done with the phone settings feature. Easy§ Then you transfer it to your computer or a USB stick.
You can also make use of TWRP backup. But I don't rely on it, as you see this is modified so often.

Mình đoán là TWRP nó hoạt động sai thế nào đó nên bị sai phân vùng, mất luôn fastboot nên đen ngòm, vì TWRP này là đc port sang chứ ko phải đc support chính thức. Tốt nhất là tự backup

Because TWRP is not officially supported for our device yet, I guess that's something wrong in TWRP lead to wrong recovery partition, wrong system partition or backup file format

Reactions: LOLO9393
On the pc you had to disable drivers signature. After that you should see your phone in device manager.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.