Why No Recived Ota?

Xapu90

Members
Jan 5, 2016
I installed the 6.2.4 why no recived OTA? I can't do manual install. Thank you

Hi xapu, I think that if you want upgrading the Rom via OTA you must wait some days since the release date of the Rom, so Friday.

This is my opinion, but I'm not sure about that.

If I can ask, why can't you do a manual upgrade?

Reactions: Xapu90
There is an OTA for this ROM!?
I thought I would have to install manually every single time.

I think that's rather impressive.

I can't do manual install because don't have the mobile phone. It belongs to a friend. Wait for OTA

don't understand why no recived OTA.

I was installed the 6.2.4 a long time ago, more than 1 month

- So we decided to upload OTA only once per month and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates...

You can find this information in the first page of 6.3.10/11 thread.

I hope it will be helpful

Reactions: jc rey
One question, now that developers will not have weekly update OTA.
For a person who does not know the subject, that is my sister, I bought the phone and see very little.

Would it be better that you install the stable instead of the developer version?

It has stable OTA update?

She does not need root and if the two have monthly update via OTA character better stable does not?

One question, now that developers will not have weekly update OTA.
For a person who does not know the subject, that is my sister, I bought the phone and see very little.

Would it be better that you install the stable instead of the developer version?

It has stable OTA update?

She does not need root and if the two have monthly update via OTA character better stable does not?
For someone infamiliar a stable rom is of course the better option. The weekly ROM (or monthly OTA) is e.g. aimed at fixing bugs or language errors asap as you can read in the changelogs. And that is in my opinion not needed for someone using the phone casually. This would be how I would have handled it.

Reactions: jc rey
at least somebody uncomfortable with rom installs should not install updates, ota or not. There is always a risk of failure that some minimum skills are required to maintain clean such devices. You can also refer to the posts on weeklies and decide where is the best candidate for such install. For example in my case I did cancro installs past week and scheduled also some for next week. From me, all will get 6.3.31 installed on top of miflash the global dev 6.3.17
I can tell you the result is awesome on those new devices.
I did an ota experiment on my own with JBART tool, ota is bigger than 100mB so if the dsl line is OK it does not matter to apply the full rom. So if you skip one, two revisions then you need a dedicated (and big) OTA, I don't see added value.