Widevine L1 on redmi k20 pro

maujogue

Members
Nov 2, 2019
hey everyone. As an owner of a chinese k20 pro, i installed xiaomi.eu 11.0.2.0 (android 10, miui 11) thinking the Xiaomi.eu team worked on giving widevine L1 to this device. But they didn't. What's the issue ? I read that it is possible to patch widevine L1 over L3 by an OTA. Can only the OEM do this ?
Last question, if i flash a MI 9t pro rom, do i get the widevine L1 over the L3 or does this dont change anything ?

hey everyone. As an owner of a chinese k20 pro, i installed xiaomi.eu 11.0.2.0 (android 10, miui 11) thinking the Xiaomi.eu team worked on giving widevine L1 to this device. But they didn't. What's the issue ? I read that it is possible to patch widevine L1 over L3 by an OTA. Can only the OEM do this ?
Last question, if i flash a MI 9t pro rom, do i get the widevine L1 over the L3 or does this dont change anything ?

Only OEM can do it.

Since indian k20 pro and global mi9t pro has same hardware maybe, just maybe some other guy can do something innovative here. But the chance is pretty low. And I don't think xiaomi.eu devs will be able to give time on something like that. So don't expect that from here.

About flashing mi 9t pro rom for getting widevine l1. Nope it won't work.

Only OEM can do it.

Since indian k20 pro and global mi9t pro has same hardware maybe, just maybe some other guy can do something innovative here. But the chance is pretty low. And I don't think xiaomi.eu devs will be able to give time on something like that. So don't expect that from here.

About flashing mi 9t pro rom for getting widevine l1. Nope it won't work.
Okay, thank you

Envoyé de mon Redmi K20 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk