Wifi connection

Tom13mcpherson

Members
Jun 22, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this community but I have searched pretty solidly for the answer to this...
I'm finding that I'm getting disconnected pretty quickly from my wifi when my mi9 thinks there is no internet (there is internet - I have to go into WLAN and click on it again and then it find it...v frustrating)
I also found today when I was in a location with low cell connection (1 bar) once Google maps list connection it could not be convinced that I was in range of a connection until I restarted the phone (even though I had moved into range again).

On other phones I would have just flashed a custom kernel but I can't find any custom kernels for the mi9 (that are currently supported by the developer)

So...
Is anyone else finding that the connection management is aggressive on 9.6.27?

Are there any settings I can go into to make it a bit more flexible?

Does anyone have an actual custom kernel for the mi9 that is currently supported by a developer?

Should I just wait for the next release?

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this community but I have searched pretty solidly for the answer to this...
I'm finding that I'm getting disconnected pretty quickly from my wifi when my mi9 thinks there is no internet (there is internet - I have to go into WLAN and click on it again and then it find it...v frustrating)
I also found today when I was in a location with low cell connection (1 bar) once Google maps list connection it could not be convinced that I was in range of a connection until I restarted the phone (even though I had moved into range again).

On other phones I would have just flashed a custom kernel but I can't find any custom kernels for the mi9 (that are currently supported by the developer)

So...
Is anyone else finding that the connection management is aggressive on 9.6.27?

Are there any settings I can go into to make it a bit more flexible?

Does anyone have an actual custom kernel for the mi9 that is currently supported by a developer?

Should I just wait for the next release?

Thanks
Hi,
I have a 9 pro and having the same or similar problem. Every time I leave the phone for any length of time, overnight or for a couple of hours during the day, I have to reconnect to wi-fi. I recently upgraded from Note 4X and had no problem with wi-fi until now.
Any help would be appreciated bearing in mind that I'm a 76 year old techno-phobe.

Hi,
I have a 9 pro and having the same or similar problem. Every time I leave the phone for any length of time, overnight or for a couple of hours during the day, I have to reconnect to wi-fi. I recently upgraded from Note 4X and had no problem with wi-fi until now.
Any help would be appreciated bearing in mind that I'm a 76 year old techno-phobe.
In order to serial your issue, can you change your wifi encryption setting to a lower level like simple WPA or WEP and check the behavior.
This will clarify a bit if this is common or not.

I appreciate your prompt reply but as I mentioned I have very little knowledge of terms such as WPA or WEP. I'm self isolating at the moment but will ask my son to help with this problem when I get to see him again.
I thought this may have been a common fault with an easy fix.
Thanks again.

if you have root try this. that helped me.

Code:
su
su
pm disable com.android.captiveportallogin

settings put global captive_portal_detection_enabled 0
settings put global captive_portal_server localhost
settings put global captive_portal_mode 0

reboot

if you have root try this. that helped me.

Code:
su
su
pm disable com.android.captiveportallogin

settings put global captive_portal_detection_enabled 0
settings put global captive_portal_server localhost
settings put global captive_portal_mode 0

reboot
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Fortunately I had a Xiaomi update and the problem is resolved.