WIFI display?

tzadka

Members
Aug 8, 2012
Hi,

can someone explain me what is the WIFI display function and how does it work?

Thanks.

Its the same as connecting your smartphone to TV via hdmi cable. But with WiFi Display you use wireless ad hoc connection with TV. Of course your TV must support WiFi display.

Wysłane z mojego MI 2

If I have a PC connected to the TV, is there a software that you aware of that has this feature?

Thanks.

No. WiFi Display is a direct connection so you must have supported TV.
Otherwise sending phones display view to TV is possible via mhl hdmi cable. You then plug hdmi cable to TV and micro USB to Mi2.

Wysłane z mojego MI 2

Hi,

can I enable this wifi display on the Xiaomi Mi2? does xiaomi mi2 support the wifi display function?

and, if yes, where can I setup this feature (I can't find any wifi direct/wifi display setting menu in the xiaomi mi2)

Thanks

Seriously? Settings - WiFi - Menu - WiFi Display.

C'mon...

Wysłane z mojego MI 2

Seriously? Settings - WiFi - Menu - WiFi Display.

C'mon...

Wysłane z mojego MI 2
I'm so sorry to have wasted your time in answering my stupid question. I did not think there was a menu in the WiFi settings

I'm feeling a fool noob

Thank you for your reply

Inviato da Xiaomi Mi2 con tapatalk pro 2

Hi guys/gals,
Has anyone made real life test of WIFI Display ( WIFI direct ) ?
Could someone check if it works with his/hers Mi2!
Is it actually working ? What was the exact model of the TV set ? What should the TV set support in order to work ?

Is there any app to make my Android TV box some kind of server for wifi display?
Just to be able to mirror my phone to the TV with nothing special like another client - server app

I'm gonna test this out once my Mi-Box arrives. So far, no luck mirroring my phone's display via WDTV.. only video streaming and music works over apps like imediashare.

I'm gonna test this out once my Mi-Box arrives. So far, no luck mirroring my phone's display via WDTV.. only video streaming and music works over apps like imediashare.
@ Melvin Ong

I'm interested on the xiaomi tv box, but I'm not sure if its rom is only in chinese language or not ... have you some more info on this device, or could you please tell me where to find some more info? I've tried to search on the web but I didn't find enough reviews on this product.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@ all of you, guys

I'm trying to discover a device that is suitable and perfectly compatible with Mi2 Wifi Display feature.

I've seen reviews on some stuff, such as netgear push2tv 3000 and so on, but all of this stuff is very badly rated from people ..

No one says "yeah, this really works with my android phone" ... people just complains of these products

So, I'm looking for a device that does really works great with wifi display, that can stream/mirror in a flowless way the display of my Mi2 second by second and that can do this without any perceptible delay/sincro problems ...

Am I asking too much? Is there a device with these specs/feature in this moment?

Thanks for any advice/tip/reply

@ Melvin Ong

I'm interested on the xiaomi tv box, but I'm not sure if its rom is only in chinese language or not ... have you some more info on this device, or could you please tell me where to find some more info? I've tried to search on the web but I didn't find enough reviews on this product.
I've yet to receive the Mi-Box, but from what I know.. the interface will only be in Chinese.. not sure if it can be changed to English instead. Will definitely update here once I get to tinker with it..

Reactions: hal9000 and ehrles
sounds good....
I would like to try this feature.

I go to our electronic shop, and I tried LG860 Smart TV, it has got WiDi support.

Devices connected, but i can't see my screen on TV.

Anybody tried this feature? Which TV?

my steps:

1. turn-on WiFi
2. selected my device on TV
3. accepted popup on my device
4. Mi2 & TV said connected
5. and than? :)
(I didn't see anything on input panel and others.)

hi
this function has a resolution on the TV fo 720p as the PHL output or to we have 1080p ?

sounds good....
I would like to try this feature.

I go to our electronic shop, and I tried LG860 Smart TV, it has got WiDi support.

Devices connected, but i can't see my screen on TV.

Anybody tried this feature? Which TV?

my steps:

1. turn-on WiFi
2. selected my device on TV
3. accepted popup on my device
4. Mi2 & TV said connected
5. and than? :)
(I didn't see anything on input panel and others.)

I think you have established just a wifi direct connection, not Wifi display

have you turned on the wifi display feature on Mi2?

I mean under settings-->Wi-Fi-->left soft button to let appear menu-->Wi-Fi Display

if you've done so, I think it's a problem of android itself

I think you have established just a wifi direct connection, not Wifi display
have you turned on the wifi display feature on Mi2?
I mean under settings-->Wi-Fi-->left soft button to let appear menu-->Wi-Fi Display
if you've done so, I think it's a problem of android itself

thnx, yes I was on "WiFi Display" panel. But on that panel I didn't see TV. But TV saw my Mi2 and I connected from TV with it.
I got popup, and after they connected.

I will try later...

hmmmm, nice. :)
In my opinion input lag is very low.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hmmmm, nice. :)
In my opinion input lag is very low.

I think I'm gonna buy one of those dongles very soon

Anyone knows if there are european alternatives or simply european resellers?

I am waiting for a Xiaomi Box-Test , a friend in shenzhen will test it in a few weeks.

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_magic_xiaomi_high_definition_internet_tv_box-4629-usd.html

The dongle is cool but too pricey...
You are right, but the problem for me with the xiaomi tv box is the language (only chinese?chinese and english?others?) and, first off all, the services... I'm afraid that for an Italian, like me, it's quite useless at the moment this (really good and pretty) box: I mean .. no Italian contents, no Italian language (not so important for me, but .. you know, if I must spend more than 120 euros for this box, I want something more "comfortable"), and so on

But I'm really curious to see it in action, to discover if it'll be xiaomi box roms development, and such things

So, perhaps, I'll wait some time before buying a widi dongle

Thanks for the advice