WIFI display?

but the problem for me with the xiaomi tv box is the language (only chinese?chinese and english?others?)
I don't know :confused:.

He told me this morning, that right now the Box is sold out.

At Ibuygou (awesome shop :)!) the xiaomi box is about 58€ with shipping to Italy/Germany. Maybe I have to pay 19% tax...

I know ibuygou .. I purchased my xiaomi mi2 from that site

it would be interesting to have more info on this tv box, but in internet there aren't enough reviews, tests and so on .. it's quite a misterious object till now, don't you think?

it's quite a misterious object till now, don't you think?
Jup, xiaomi-style :D . Reminds me of the 3100mah battery-pack...

I sent Ibuygou a question about the system-language. Multi-language (Chinese or English) would be awesome...

Jup, xiaomi-style :D . Reminds me of the 3100mah battery-pack...

I sent Ibuygou a question about the system-language. Multi-language (Chinese or English) would be awesome...

ok, I've done the same thing .. perhaps we are the only people that asked about the xiaomi box :D

however, ibuygou.com customer service did not answer directly to my question about languages included and contents from countries other than china.

the answer was simply that the box will be available on the 3rd quarter of 2013 ... -.-' ... I think this box is a mistery also for them ;)

so I began to look for an alternative: the texkon dongle from miniandroidpc is a good one

I found also netgear push2tv "family" and belkin screencast tv, but I'm not sure about the real "skills" and capabilities of these products (I mean: compatibility with our android device, lags or not, and so on)

instead, in the video posted in this thread, texkon is used with the xiaomi mi2

at the moment this fact, for me, is more important than anonymous reviews of other widi products
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know other alternatives, please let me know

regards

Reactions: ehrles
For the people in Europe:
In the 2013 Philips TV's WiFi Display is integrated, so you don't a dongle for those TV's. It works pretty awesome as well. I will make a video later this week such that you can see it. I am really excited about this feature actually :)

For the people in Europe:
In the 2013 Philips TV's WiFi Display is integrated, so you don't a dongle for those TV's. It works pretty awesome as well. I will make a video later this week such that you can see it. I am really excited about this feature actually :)
interesting ...

and what about audio/video sync between the xiaomi phone and philips tv?

I mean .. is there a big latency/lags or is suitable to watch videos, listen music, play games and so on?

Thanks

there is an new device very famous in spain

they said in the SPANISH Forum that is actually the best , much better than the XIAOMI BOX
they tested these 2 devices to compare the real performance of the MIRACAST Protocol

they know the XIAOMI smartphones also

MIRACAST DONGLE PTV-01 from ENYTECH

http://androidpc.es/blog/2013/07/05/analisis-miracast-ptv-01/

http://www.pandawill.com/enybox-ptv01-wifi-dongle-display-adapter-p76869.html

i contacted Ibuygou to get one from them , they are checking if they can add this product in their website

Hi,

can someone explain me what is the WIFI display function and how does it work?

Thanks.

You may use the latest Android Mini PC which runs V4.2.2 firmware. V4.2.2 supports WiFi display function. The mini pc connect to HDMI port in TV and connect to WiFi router. Make sure your Android mobile phone in the same WiFi network. Then you can miracast the screen of mobile phone on the TV. You will need to install a "WiFi display" app into mini pc. *This function is not very stable, sometimes need to try more times to connect mobile phont with TV.

Reactions: ko3st68
sounds good....
I would like to try this feature.

I go to our electronic shop, and I tried LG860 Smart TV, it has got WiDi support.

Devices connected, but i can't see my screen on TV.

Anybody tried this feature? Which TV?

my steps:

1. turn-on WiFi
2. selected my device on TV
3. accepted popup on my device
4. Mi2 & TV said connected
5. and than? :)
(I didn't see anything on input panel and others.)
Hello,
did you solve the problem with M2S and LG TV?

I have M2S and bought LG TV model 667S CINEMA 3D,
it has Miracast Option, but it doesn't work with mi M2S:
the behavior is the same as you have described:

Have you got any other informations about this topic?
Thanks!

Hello,
did you solve the problem with M2S and LG TV?

I have M2S and bought LG TV model 667S CINEMA 3D,
it has Miracast Option, but it doesn't work with mi M2S:
the behavior is the same as you have described:

Have you got any other informations about this topic?
Thanks!

Hi,

Make sure you connect from the WiFi Display option and don't just connect the phone as you would with an accesspoint.
You need to go into WiFi settings, then open the WiFi menu (by pressing the option key of the phone), then select Wi-Fi Display, then find your TV, connect to it and see it streaming :)

Reactions: ko3st68
Hi, Thank you
Let me explain you the details better:

I am an owner of Xiaomi M2S with MIUI version JLB21.0 and Android version 4.1.1 JRO03L

I tried to do the screen mirroring of my M2S to my new LG Smart TV (model 667S)

I enabled MIRACAST option on my LG Smart TV,

and then enabled WLAN and WLAN DISPLAY on my M2S

The M2S shown the LG Smart TV as available,

so i selected it

The M2S sent the invite to the LG Smart tv and on the display of the TV i saw

the warning : 'Connecting Xiaomi Phone' and after a few seconds 'Xiaomi Phone Connected'

Then i saw on my M2S: "Connected to LG TV, preparing session..."

Then nothing other happened,

the screen of my M2S was not mirrored to the TV.

I tried many times, but the screen mirroring never worked.

Do you think its a problem of LG smart TV ? or a Bug on MIUI? or what other?
or perhaps some lack on signal strenght
(in my home there are three routers/access point i will try to turn them off this evening)

Thank you!

Hi,

I noticed that sometimes Miracast solutions have problems when the phone and the TV are connected to accesspoints that are on different channels. E.g. your Smartphone is on WLAN accesspoint "Kitchen" which might be for example on Channel 6, while your TV is wirelessly connected to another WLAN accesspoint "Living Room", which might on Channel 11.

Although it is not necessary that both devices are connected to the same accesspoint, it can help when making a connection, because then at least both devices are using the same wireless channel.

Could you check if this scenario is the case? Or just connect your TV and smartphone to the same accesspoint and retry your scenario above?

Hi,

I noticed that sometimes Miracast solutions have problems when the phone and the TV are connected to accesspoints that are on different channels. E.g. your Smartphone is on WLAN accesspoint "Kitchen" which might be for example on Channel 6, while your TV is wirelessly connected to another WLAN accesspoint "Living Room", which might on Channel 11.

Although it is not necessary that both devices are connected to the same accesspoint, it can help when making a connection, because then at least both devices are using the same wireless channel.

Could you check if this scenario is the case? Or just connect your TV and smartphone to the same accesspoint and retry your scenario above?

Ok thank you,
i will try this evening to check the things you told me
I will let you know soon.
Thanks!

Hi,

Hello, i turned off all my home access point, but there was no change in behavior.
The only difference i noticed in one of my tests (but perhaps i have not noticed before), is that the TV after showing the message 'Connecting Xiaomi Phone', has shown the message 'Detecting Miracast Signal TM'... but perhaps it didn't detect the signal...
this evening i will retry , leaving only one access point turned on and both devices connected to it, as you have suggested
(but perhaps miracast function does not need other router/access points... because a direct wifi connection should be created)

hi guys

the MIRACAST DONGLE from ENYBOX PTV-01 is available at IBUYGOU

but the last version PTV-02 is much better & faster

i am waiting the confirmation from celline

and i will make a order for the last version PTV-02

this version is the must actually for the Xiaomi M2/M2S/M2A