WIFI keeps turning off

lurch4653

Members
Oct 4, 2011
I'm currently running the latest MIUI rom but after the last couple of updates I'm having problems with my wifi and it keeps turning itself off.

I have to go back into settings and turn it back on, I have tried changing the wifi sleep policy but it makes no difference.

I am running miui on a HD2.

Any suggestions to help with this appreciated.

I've experienced that as well.

Using VOIP for phone calls and it disconnects all the time while idle. Can't receive my calls :(

I've just started experiencing this. A long as the screen is on everything is fine, but once the screen locks the wifi drops until I wake it. (noticed and tested with audio streams). If I start the stream with wifi disabled everything is fine, but wifi sleeps ignoring the sleep policy never I have set.

I have the 1.11.25 beta.I know it worked with the 1.11.11 version.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

I have same issue. This ******* bug disturbs me a lot. It is a bug of AOSP like CM7 and MIUI and I still have not found the way to fix it. In fact, you can try another rom except cyanogen, but if you still love miui, don't turn off screen when you are downloading something.

Got the same issue. Had it for the past 5 weeks. Just bouncing the wifi sorts it. I'll look into it more technically as it's doing my head in.

Have the same issue as well. Sometimes the wifi on off setting also doesn't work. I have to turn the phone off and on again to fix wifi.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

so i've started to look into this problem and the wifi interface is up and has an IP, however it can't ping anything on the local subnet. There's a default route there, and the default gateway is set. So from an IP side it seems to be ok.

I dropped into a local shell and within SU i could bring the interface down and back up which restored the connection. It looks like the Kernal is going to sleep almost even though sleep is disabled. I'll carry on looking into it, or might right a little patch for it depending on time.

Reactions: 1spoon1
so i've started to look into this problem and the wifi interface is up and has an IP, however it can't ping anything on the local subnet. There's a default route there, and the default gateway is set. So from an IP side it seems to be ok.

I dropped into a local shell and within SU i could bring the interface down and back up which restored the connection. It looks like the Kernal is going to sleep almost even though sleep is disabled. I'll carry on looking into it, or might right a little patch for it depending on time.
Any more info on the wifi turning off? Thanks