New Wifi not detected into mi home app

Berruyer

Members
Dec 4, 2017
Hello!
Since I have installed miui 14 on Renoir, it is impossible to add devices with mi home. It seems the WiFi (2,4) is not detected, impossible to find the router:

Screenshot_2023-01-28-10-36-36-373_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg

I tried to reinstall completely the last version with fastboot (windows first install...) but always the same.
I tried to change ssid, password, nothing help.

My girlfriend has a Lisa under miui 13 and it works perfectly, the wifi is immediately detected and device added.

That's why I suppose it could be a bug with miui14/Renoir/wifi.

Thanks in advance for your analysis

Fyi I confirm that after come back to miui 13, it works perfectly. There is a problem with miui 14 for Renoir and WiFi detection and mi home.

Interesting. I'm in the exact same situation. My gf has a poco f1, miui 13 and she can pair our camera AND receive push notifications from the camera and our vacuum cleaner through xiaomi home.
I used to be able to do both on my poco f3, until this week. I receive no notifications from either device, I tried deleting and re-adding the camera just to find out that I couldn't. We had to pair it back with her phone, and then she shared it with me. But still, she receives notifications, I don't.
I'm on the latest miui 14 dev.

I have the same problem on Xiaomi 12s Ultra with Miui 14, I had to connect my 360° camera with an iphone, and I had no problems

Last edited:
Here at Poco f2 pro, Miui14 with this problems
Can't add devices to Google home, because dont detect any Wi-Fi.
Also lost the dual Wi-Fi, so, now I can't use 2 bands at same time. On Miui 13 i havent that problem
I also have 2 more phones here with lower Miui and dont have that problem

Last edited:
I have the same problems... Poco F4, MIUI 14.0.5.0, xiaomi.eu rom, Xiaomi home app does not detect the smart led bulb essential... Since upgrading MIUI 14...

MIUI14 - PocoF4 - Xiaomi_Home - mi smart led bulb essential

Tapatalkkal küldve az én 22021211RG eszközömről

Last edited:
My solution:
I logged into my miHome account on a MIUI13 device. Connected the smart device... I can use it on my own MIUI14 phone, in my own miHome account.

I have a similar problem with MIUI 14 Stable on my Mi 11 Ultra. All Wifi-Scanner Apps are not recognizing any network. :-(

Disable approximate location.
Thank you Orjon for this hint.

I have just checked my location settings. In the data privacy lab settings as well on App-level "approximate location" is disabled. Are there anywhere else appropriate settings to adjust, which I might have overseen? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-19-11-12-09-250_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-19-11-12-09-250_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 1,216
  • Screenshot_2023-03-19-11-10-43-421_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-19-11-10-43-421_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 1,218
I have just checked my location settings. In the data privacy lab settings as well on App-level "approximate location" is disabled. Are there anywhere else appropriate settings to adjust, which I might have overseen? Thank you in advance.
You have to enable Approximate location in Privacy protection lab. By default MIUI uses approximate location, so if you won't turn it on, you won't be able to disable it for specific app.

Reactions: CxRxExO and mdajp
Can you be a bit more specific please? Where to look to disable this?