Wifi Problems, not charging......

jellypop

Members
Oct 4, 2012
Hi, I just bought a M1 and when its working its amazing! But, the problem is, the wifi connection 80% of the time had error and so I cant connect to the internet. Also, I cant boot up the phone by pressing the power button, I have to take out the battery then put in the charger then wait for the MI to come up then I can switch it on. When I put in the battery, it will continue working but the moment I take the charger cable out, it switched off and I cant turn it on. It shows a blinking orange light after and most of the time. What can i do?

Try to factory re-install the phone with wirebrush tool. Just go in mi-one forum and look for a guide i wrote about it :)

Hi,
My xiaomi M1s does not seem to be charging. The LED on my phone blinks a red light but does not charge !!..I cannot even start it .. PLEASE HELP!

wait on the m1 or m1s it shouldn't be blinking it must stay red.

Check the cable and the microusb port.

Ok same happened to me. The phone run out of battery (empty 0%) so plugging the cable to charge it will make the red led blink, let it get charged then it will normally boot,
That was the first time i got my phone fully discharged so it scared me too XD.

how did you get it to charge then? same thing happened to me too.

i plugged it in before going to bed.
woke up next morning seeing that it did not charge at all, and the battery is at 0%
unplugged it, and it turned off, wont even turn on.
i swapped a new battery in, and it worked for a week.
then this morning same thing happened again.

now i'm plugging it directly into the computer, and it blinks red....hopefully it charges..
the thing is..it can turn on when plugged in + battery taken out.
need to buy a separate battery charger... :(

Last edited:
Are you sure the battery pins are touching correctly the battery?
Have you tried turning off the phone pulling out the battery and leaving that way 10 mins or more?

Are you sure that the 1st battery is faulty or not working?

Are you sure the battery pins are touching correctly the battery?
Have you tried turning off the phone pulling out the battery and leaving that way 10 mins or more?

Are you sure that the 1st battery is faulty or not working?

after browsing the chinese sites, it seems to be a VERY common problem wit mi-phones.

this is a case of dead battery due to the following conditions.
  1. phone will turn off if battery < 4%
  2. phone will NOT turn off if connected to power source.
  3. faulty phone fails to charge(sometimes) ... loose connection maybe?
  4. a battery that becomes completely discharged is dead.
based on that, one can imagine the following scenario.
  1. phone runs an app
  2. user plugs it in and went to bed
  3. phone detects connection, but FAILS to charge.
  4. app keeps running as user sleeps.
  5. battery < 4% but refuses to turn off because it is connected to power source
  6. battery becomes absolutely drained.
this is the second battery that i've completely killed within 2 weeks :(
good thing the batteries are only 100RMB each.. doesn't hurt too much >.<

i am able to boot into recovery mode without the battery though :)

Last edited:
Reactions: emaz
Thanks a lot for posting those info, they're really helpful, to find out what's going on with our mi1.

@Dm22 do you live in China?
Where did you bought you're batteries?, are they original or from a another manufacturer?

Thanks a lot for posting those info, they're really helpful, to find out what's going on with our mi1.

@Dm22 do you live in China?
Where did you bought you're batteries?, are they original or from a another manufacturer?

It is very interesting how they set:
"Not turning off when phone is connected" as a HIGHER priority than "Turn off phone when battery is under 4%".
if only they switched it around, it would protect our phones against faulty charger/faulty boards...
which doesn't charge when connected.

Nah, i live in the USA.
i got lots of relatives going back and forth to china though.
have a cousin going back next month, going to bring back a HongMi for my mom.
probably grab some MHL cable and new Mi batteries for me :)

i'm waiting for the next mi3s or something like that before upgrading...which i'm sure they'll release sometime in spring..
they always release a new one every half year...lol