Wifi Signal Strength

FiShBuRn

Members
Jun 13, 2016
Hi,

I have an Mi5 Pro with the latest Weekly ROM, 6.6.23, i notice very weak wifi signal strength, is it normal? Is it WIFI on Mi5 really poor?

I have another Redmi 3 Pro and the Wifi signal strength is way better.

Thanks and regards.

Nope the WiFi on the Mi5 is fantastic.
Did speed tests with my flatmates after they were complaining of slow WiFi from the far end of the house. I was getting 70-90mbps where their iPhone 5S and 6 were only getting 20-30mbps testing to fast.com
WiFi on the Mi5, and this ROM, is absolutely fantastic!

Reactions: Stefano131270
Im not talking about speed, speed is good. Im talking about signal strength...with other phones like iPhone 6 and Redmi 3 Pro i got more signal far from Router...

Same here. Wifi signal strength is not as good as on my older phones.

Hope it's possible to improve through rom updates and miui.com will do it.

Reactions: lynx7 and FiShBuRn
Yeah, I can confirm the same goes with me.. Compare to few other gadget ipad, Galaxy Note 5, iPhone signal was lots weaker (tested from the same location & router).. Hopefully will be fix with future updates..

Reactions: lynx7 and FiShBuRn
Hi,

I have an Mi5 Pro with the latest Weekly ROM, 6.6.23, i notice very weak wifi signal strength, is it normal? Is it WIFI on Mi5 really poor?

I have another Redmi 3 Pro and the Wifi signal strength is way better.

Thanks and regards.
Try to backup your rom and flash miui7 EU to see if wifi is better.

I am now on Miui7 and wifi signal is strong. On EU miui8 I had problems with downloading from google store. I have 100mb wifi speed but I was able to use 5% of it. With Miui7 works at his potential.

Like i said my problem is not the speed is the signal strength.

I have no problems with speed, is great!

Mi mi5 has pretty much as good signal strength as my other phones. Measured in actual download speed, not number of signal bars.
Of course, when close to the router, it's the fastest because it's got 5ghz Aa.

Last edited: