will K30u have EU rom?

angelsky11

Members
Sep 4, 2020
Xiaomi just lunched K30 ultimate edition in China market, and this one is using mtk dimensity 1000+ cpu
i wonder will this one have eu edition rom? and when?

Welcome, I never heard about K30 "Ultimate", only "Ultra". Also... The EU devs said before that they dropped support for MTK devices by technical issues. So, the future is dark about an EU Rom for K30 Ultra...

Welcome, I never heard about K30 "Ultimate", only "Ultra". Also... The EU devs said before that they dropped support for MTK devices by technical issues. So, the future is dark about an EU Rom for K30 Ultra...
thanks buddy

I concur, MTK flashing scheme is a bit tedious than Qualcomm ones.

Does it still involve using SPFT? K30 Ultra has TWRP available on other forums. Waiting for my bootloader unlock to investigate flashing.

Update: I just seen the post that explains your reasoning. "MTK does not allow to boot to Fastboot if something "goes wrong" and users are forced to flash images via SPFlash Tool EDL mode which is locked by Xiaomi for few authorized accounts only." That does certainly make it very dangerous.

Last edited:
You don't need sp flash tool for k30 ultra , just flash as any other device with twrp just make sure you flash with vbmeta and no verity