Will The Upgrade To 6 Or 7 Android On Rmn 2?

evolution,upgrade android version/.no idea, update a old android version to [miui 6/7/8/9/10/,,,,,29]with some bugs and limitation,and trunckated android features

It is so funny here. People talks about S7 and how it grabs the Nougat update, and their RN2 not..
Oh my god.
Most companies don't update their low-end smartphones, I had a 300EUR HTC One S that never got an update, NEVER, I bought it with 4.1 and that was the OS that died with, and when I tried to flash a new Rom, it stucked in E signal due to Radio compatibility. It was bootloader-locked, S-ON, and some weird stuff that I wish to have forgotten them.
I switched to Xiaomi and my cell-life is better than ever.

Who's talking about the S7??? LOL

The point about this thread is whether we would get an actual update other that MIUI update... OS updates are more important than UI yet they concentrate on the UI without fixing BUGS etc.. If they can update MIUI for nearly all there Devices and different OS's on them then surely thay can do the same for the actual OS's?

Xiaomi is going to great effort to be a GLOBAL leader/force with ALL their products but when you look at their support it's is quite frankly SHOCKING. BUT they make GREAT devices...

Have to say am surprised that the HTC One S never got an OFFICIAL update beyond 4.1.1 but there was nearly over a two gap between 4 and 5 so that could be why but should have got an update to 4.4x at least...

But then the other issue is that it takes Xiaomi forever to release the source codes and by the time they do most of us have moved on to OTHER manufactures so there is dwindling interest in rom developers to build custom roms.(theres quite a few for the one s https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-s/development?nocache=1&z=7790491995558932) there are no really stable roms that I can find yet for the RN2 but if I could have found one I would have been happy to keep my RN2 as my daily phone but instead it will soon be boxed backup and then put in a draw as a spare.....

I will STATE this again I think Xiaomi make GREAT devices but their support and updates SUCK... The only reason I am moving on is lack of OS updates... They Don't listen to the users at all...

I am only moving on to other devices BECAUSE of these issues.

Who's talking about the S7??? LOL

The point about this thread is whether we would get an actual update other that MIUI update... OS updates are more important than UI yet they concentrate on the UI without fixing BUGS etc.. If they can update MIUI for nearly all there Devices and different OS's on them then surely thay can do the same for the actual OS's?

Xiaomi is going to great effort to be a GLOBAL leader/force with ALL their products but when you look at their support it's is quite frankly SHOCKING. BUT they make GREAT devices...

Have to say am surprised that the HTC One S never got an OFFICIAL update beyond 4.1.1 but there was nearly over a two gap between 4 and 5 so that could be why but should have got an update to 4.4x at least...

But then the other issue is that it takes Xiaomi forever to release the source codes and by the time they do most of us have moved on to OTHER manufactures so there is dwindling interest in rom developers to build custom roms.(theres quite a few for the one s https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-s/development?nocache=1&z=7790491995558932) there are no really stable roms that I can find yet for the RN2 but if I could have found one I would have been happy to keep my RN2 as my daily phone but instead it will soon be boxed backup and then put in a draw as a spare.....

I will STATE this again I think Xiaomi make GREAT devices but their support and updates SUCK... The only reason I am moving on is lack of OS updates... They Don't listen to the users at all...

I am only moving on to other devices BECAUSE of these issues.

The only thing that makes me angry about Xiaomi is the device plethora, this is theirs worst fact. Due to this plethora they are losing the capability of bringing good updates to their customers.
The real concern is the Android patches, that made the security of xiaomi's lacking reliability. But as for the OS updates, I have also a Galaxy S4, with custom 7.1.2 ROM, and I have to admit that the phone has Nothing-nada-τιποτα-nichts-ничего more than my lollipop offers. I don't think that a regular user could find something different between 5.1 and 7.1. Even Google doesn't know what offers to their people instead of some shortcuts :p

Reactions: lohtse and dogiex