New Wireless android auto randomly disconnect from the car

Chiava2001

Members
Aug 23, 2019
I have a Mi 11i with weekly beta rom (release 22.6.1) and I have a problem with wireless Android Auto, when I use it randomly disconnect from the car, sometimes can happen multiple times, sometimes it doesn't happen, I tried with different phones to see if the problem was the car but this issue appears only with my Mi 11i. This issue was present even in the older version of the weekly rom.
Is there a solution?
Sorry for my bad english.

Reactions: Trtrtr70
Same issue here. Same problem on MIX4. Same for Stable release or Weekely beta. Tried many things but not helping.

Same issue here. Same problem on MIX4. Same for Stable release or Weekely beta. Tried many things but not helping.
It seems that the disconnection is triggered when the phone loose mobile data connection: when the phone goes offline it disconnects from the car.

It seems that the disconnection is triggered when the phone loose mobile data connection: when the phone goes offline it disconnects from the car.
:emoji_open_mouth: WOW
that could be it... I did not pay attention if there is any correlation between my disconnection and mobile network status...

But I guess I can experiment this out - disable mobile network/mobile data before connecting to wireless AA and see if it still drops.

Reactions: Chiava2001
Hello,
Is there some kind of fix to it? I have been experiencing the same issue for quite some time now, AA being connected by bluetooth (no cable connection available). Everytime network changes, I have at least one disconnection, and I pass through some uncovered areas on the road...
Thank you :)

Is there the same issue with the carsifi dongle ? Or only with aawireless or in general android auto Wireless

I get this issue both ways. AAwireless and wired connection. previous phone was POCO X3 PRO and it would reboot the car's radio head unit.

Wireless connection only for me. No difference if AAWireless or Carsifi. Wired connection works fine.
Mi 11 Ultra, Volkswagen Polo GTI MK6

Same issue here with the aawireless dongle... I'm on miui 13 on my xiaomi mi11, any workaround? Was way better on miui 12

I have the same topic with my Poco F2 Pro with either stable or weekly. I am using Carsifi for wireless AA. Strangest thing, it disconnects when loosing signal, reconnects in a so called offline mode and when GSM signal returns it disconnects again to connect with signal. Very strange behavior. Does not happen with wired connection or with my wife's Motorola Edge 20 Pro.

I'm adding a thread from official Xiaomi forum, where the same topic is described. Maybe it would get traction with Xiaomi if more people would poste there.

Reactions: n_a_p
I have the same Problem but when I dont have a Sim card it doesn't happen. So its definitly smth wit the Network.

It can also be triggered on USB connection:
- Start with your phone disconnected from your Android Auto unit
- Disable mobile data connection
- Connect to Android Auto unit over USB connection
- Enable mobile data connection

It will then disconnect from AA. At least that's what I just experienced using MIUI 13.0.7 connected to SEAT media unit.

Hi, according to this thread you have to turn off the option "switch between networks" in WLAN/Network acceleration.

I will try it myself today and see if this works.
EDIT: Yes, it works. No more disconnects!

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyWalker1726
Yes , your solution is working
Thanks for sharing it

But i still get disconnected if i get a phone call .
( Dual sim , data on sim 2 , call on sim 1 gets it disconnected )