Wireless Display + Chromecast 1

dogiex

Finnish language.Translator
Aug 24, 2015
Do you guys have trouble with wireless display and chromecast on Redmi Note 2?

Trying to mirror my screen to chromecast with no luck. Chromecast goes blackscreen and back to normal and "Can't connect" shows on my phone.

Got weekly 6.12.1 version.
If you guys have chromecast, can you try it out?

Lähetetty minun MI 3W laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Is the latest version in which the wireless screen works, I have it checked ;)

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk
Cool thanks. Also previous stable worked. Will wait for the next stable. :)

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Reactions: pedrohd_21
Are there any fix for this? Like replacing a system apk or installing something from Google Play?

Because the problem is exist on my Chromecast 2 device as well. I already created a bug report on original miui forum, please confirm the bug there. Here is the link: (sorry I don't have 10 posts, this is why I put some space to the link lol)

Wireless display function not working Chromecast 2, latest firmware, Redmi Note2
http: //en.miui. com/thread-460950-1-1.html
(Source: Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum)

Reactions: dogiex
Because the problem is exist on my Chromecast 2 device as well. I already created a bug report on original miui forum, please confirm the bug there. Here is the link: (sorry I don't have 10 posts, this is why I put some space to the link lol)

Wireless display function not working Chromecast 2, latest firmware, Redmi Note2
http: //en.miui. com/thread-460950-1-1.html
(Source: Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum)

Same problems here, confirmed your bug (and created a new bug report before I saw yours).

Reactions: vr6cer and dogiex
I usw dev 22.12 and have no problems to Connect rn2 with chromecast.
Are you trying to mirror your screen or do you command chromecast to open an app for example youtube?

Asus miracast dongle screen mirroring on hdmi tv port works nice with rn2 latest stable rom 8.1.3, problem known with google chromecast only..

Reactions: dogiex