Won't Save Photos On Sd Card

Luka69

Members
Oct 10, 2015
like the title said photos are not saved on sd card, I checked in the settings and it's turned on to save on memory card but it won't save, any sollution?

like the title said photos are not saved on sd card, I checked in the settings and it's turned on to save on memory card but it won't save, any sollution?
It's hard to help you if you don't say what phone you have with what ROM.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

Hello Luka69:
It will not save photos and it will not allow to move apps to sdcard. Why?
A killer has his own rationale to act: hate, money, psychosis, a.s.o.; a robber has his own logic for his behaviour: what to take, when, from whom...aso. But what are the solid, serious reasons of a system that acknowledges existence of a sdcard contents and takes advantage of some of therein items, but does not allow an operation that almost all the other brands of smartphones sys allow or grant as one user (does not even need to be rooted...) NORMAL procedure. -- But not redmi note2, it will refuse it on account of some charade explanations like «could not load lib libsigchain.so for system/bin/sh...and bla,bla xxyzz, aso,aso...»
Does anyone knows and is willing to explain to all of us, 'ignoramus', WHY THIS HAPPENS to all attempts of moving to sdcard all
types of installed apps and/or img files -- whatever?!
I'm sure we (the 'ignoramus-noobes') would appreciate to know why this happens -- what are the reasonable objectives it fulfills.
Further, i assume that we would also like to know WHY this device does not accept to change its default ringtones, notifying sounds
et altera... WHY? Does Xiaomi believe that the ogg files they provide in system/media/audio/ringtones are the utmost perfection examples that personalize a really top smartphone? Why not allowing the owners to have their own sound choices -- specially in a dual SIM device? WHY? -- Anybody knows and shares that wisdom?
Greetings,
H
NB - The crippling after-effects of the malware also called android 5.0 OS is NOT a serious reason -- just look at the gimmicks the MIAUI Team develloped with their sys launcher

Reactions: BigDisplay
...Talking about nuisances: meanwhile, my daughter horsed around with my device and uninstalled a file named yellow pages (!!!) -- and now each time i make a call there appears an intrusive message claiming that yellow pages is missing and asks to report to Mi --
i beg for your good patience: what such a file has to do with my phone calls??? Or is it a Google-type of SYNC contacts???!
If YES then i will have to skip such annoying banners. And where can i download some ammendment to my girl bad behaviour?
But IF the therapy means having to flash a new rom (once the updater does not let the owner request his own needs -- but ONLY what Mi people deems adequate)... Well, IF that's the only remedy then thank you but i'm out. After more than a dozen attempts to flashing... all of them dismissed on account of "failure to recognize the file signature" or "update.zip corrupted" or " failure - rom read error", aso,aso. -- i gave up: all i want now is a fully working smartphone to use. -- Forget about deep personalization, untill i gather enough money to buy a cianogenmoded or a ubuntu-touch good device!
Thanks for any possible measure of attention, Regards,
H

I don´t know what you are saying, on my Redmi note 2 all my photos and videos are stored in my SD card.
As to the reason for not moving apps to the SD card, it's simple, it's a matter of performance. Just compare the read/write speed of the fastest SD card with the speed from your internal storage. What sometimes happened was that people moved all apps to SD and complained that the system was slow. That´s also the reason why apple doesn´t even allow for external storage, because SD cards are not fast enough.
Just flash the latest ROM and check again, it should save your pics and vids to SD.

Reactions: delboy
...Talking about nuisances: meanwhile, my daughter horsed around with my device and uninstalled a file named yellow pages (!!!) -- and now each time i make a call there appears an intrusive message claiming that yellow pages is missing and asks to report to Mi --
i beg for your good patience: what such a file has to do with my phone calls??? Or is it a Google-type of SYNC contacts???!
If YES then i will have to skip such annoying banners. And where can i download some ammendment to my girl bad behaviour?
But IF the therapy means having to flash a new rom (once the updater does not let the owner request his own needs -- but ONLY what Mi people deems adequate)... Well, IF that's the only remedy then thank you but i'm out. After more than a dozen attempts to flashing... all of them dismissed on account of "failure to recognize the file signature" or "update.zip corrupted" or " failure - rom read error", aso,aso. -- i gave up: all i want now is a fully working smartphone to use. -- Forget about deep personalization, untill i gather enough money to buy a cianogenmoded or a ubuntu-touch good device!
Thanks for any possible measure of attention, Regards,
H
If you already gave up there´s no point in helping you right?
Anyway if you have a signature problem maybe you missed the posts about flashing TWRP first.
I guess Xiaomi and Miui are not for anyone, i agree with you, you have to really like to play around with your phone, because if you like a phone where you dont have to bother than you would probably be better off with a 700 Euros phone from samsung or apple.

Reactions: delboy
THANK YOU A THOUSAND muadib77!!!

You've been hugely helpful!
To me as well as to Luka69... To become a premium clarifying Member i think you only need a bit more attention to the actual texts you care to comment.
Thus, i expressed i've given up FLASHING not the device altogether if care to read my post with a little more attention and a little less 'attitude', you'll conclude easily (any feeble-minded -- not your case,of course -- person will be able to do it) that i GAVE UP FLASHING attempts NOT the device per se; in fact, let me quote myself: « all i want now is a fully working smartphone to use.»
Oh, well, if it's of any use to inform you: grant me the high priviledge to assure you that i had in fact, seemingly successfuly, flashed TWRP first and in my post i was referring to most probable bad conditioning of files offered to download in the Mi.com official site and/or original OS bugs jeopardizing my device performance. But of course i concede this innuendo was offered in a certain far-out,
too much metaphoric concept for anyone to immediate hurry understanding
As to your "locking out" invitation ( «probably be better off with a 700 Euros phone from samsung or apple»), let me further learn you that i'm just an "ignoramus-newbe" in the area of Xiaomi byproducts and if i receive the word "banned" from the webmaster of thishere site, i will not insist: i will fold my tent and strive away, once i feel i've been polite in my interventions: i did not offend anyone, and if the expression of my problems and frustrations with my device, calls for -- deservefully -- for such childdish-
- aggressive
feed-backs, then iĺl have to withdraw away. R.I.P.
Sincerely,
H

Last edited:
THANK YOU A THOUSAND muadib77!!!

You've been hugely helpful!
To me as well as to Luka69... To become a premium clarifying Member i think you only need a bit more attention to the actual texts you care to comment.
Thus, i expressed i've given up FLASHING not the device altogether if care to read my post with a little more attention and a little less 'attitude', you'll conclude easily (any feeble-minded -- not your case,of course -- person will be able to do it) that i GAVE UP FLASHING attempts NOT the device per se; in fact, let me quote myself: « all i want now is a fully working smartphone to use.»
Oh, well, if it's of any use to inform you: grant me the high priviledge to assure you that i had in fact, seemingly successfuly, flashed TWRP first and in my post i was referring to most probable bad conditioning of files offered to download in the Mi.com official site and/or original OS bugs jeopardizing my device performance. But of course i concede this innuendo was offered in a certain far-out,
too much metaphoric concept for anyone to immediate hurry understanding
As to your "locking out" invitation ( «probably be better off with a 700 Euros phone from samsung or apple»), let me further learn you that i'm just an "ignoramus-newbe" in the area of Xiaomi byproducts and if i receive the word "banned" from the webmaster of thishere site, i will not insist: i will fold my tent and strive away, once i feel i've been polite in my interventions: i did not offend anyone, and if the expression of my problems and frustrations with my device, calls for -- deservefully -- for such childdish-
- aggressive
feed-backs, then iĺl have to withdraw away. R.I.P.
Sincerely,
H
Didn't mean to come out blunt, and for that i'm sorry. I was just trying to help. No problems with saving photos to SD and no problems flashing beta ROMs, with natural bugs, that's why they're beta. I have a full working phone and AM very satisfied with it and thankfull that there's a comunity of hard working people that provide all the help and translations for free to users like you and me that have good devices that were not made for the european market. BTW, i think you can find cyanogen mod for your device, if you really want.

Redmi Note 2 Prime, 6.1.11, Portuguese

No muadib77 you ,yourself, labelled your main communication. Quoting your text: « there´s no point in helping you right?» -- so your "explanation" starts lame.
However, once you further added your excuses, let's forget your whole jive. I'm recalling the Shakespearean theatrical piece tittle:
TOO MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING...
'Don't worry -- be happy' OR better yet: WHAT? ME WORRY?! -- MAD Magazine logo as you may remember...
H

No muadib77 you ,yourself, labelled your main communication. Quoting your text: « there´s no point in helping you right?» -- so your "explanation" starts lame.

I think it is you who needs to drop the attitude. You come across very condescending. And please stop the bold/underline/multicoloured text - it is very rude.

muadib77 has tried to help you and you shot them down. There are easy answers to your questions but no-one is willing to share answers with rude people.

Reactions: muadib77
@apate: now i was rude?? -- And stop the multicolour/bold texts because is very RUDE??? Good Grief!!!
You are right, man: Once i'm facing the High Guardian of Good Mores whose function is to define what is 'rude' and what is not rude, i will comply. "Mamma knows best" -- everybody knows. How delusioned can one become!...
There's only one last thing i would pinpoint now... But i loose courage: the following quoted statement of yours really highlights your Higher Level: «muadib77 has tried to help you and you shot them down». Besides its schizo message, it shows a moving-to-tears lack of basic knowledge: has tried is a lame error and the plural form 'them' is a grammatic non-sense. But, besides such ignorance-show, you, sadly and psicho diseased, apate reveal a megalomaniac assumption of role to play in thishere site as : The High Censor!
I cannot continue to be very condescending (whatever you imagine to mean with this four silabe wording) with your kind of oligophrenic statements. K.I.S.S.
I wish you a good and fast clinical recoverance. R.I.P.
H

Would reply: the same to you sicko! But that final remark of yours shows clearly how LOW you in fact are, how undeserving of any sort of attention.
Just who do you alucinate to be to "lock out" anyone at all? Vade retro.