Working TWRP for Mi Pad 4 Plus

marcopex

Members
Sep 9, 2018
Looks like I'll give the answer myself ;)

All the TWRPs that I tried from these links did not work. Booting into recovery by holding POWER + VOLUME UP resulted in a blank screen. I'm not sure why.

After ending up with erasing everything and having only the bootloader working, I was forced to flash again the Chinese Stable ROM through MiFlash to make sure that I did not brick the device. It was not easy, because several times it resulted in a never-ending flashing operation that I had to abort and retry, but in the end I managed to restore the original ROM on the device. During this process I also replaced the USB cable that I was using with the original one from the Mi Pad 4 Plus box, but I'm not sure this had any effect.

After this, I tried again to flash the TWRP from Xiaomi.eu and, with my deep surprise, it worked perfectly. I was then able to boot into recovery and flash the Xiaomi.eu international ROM - everything looks good.

In the end, if you experience any issue with flashing the TWRP on the Mi Pad 4 Plus
1. Try to use the original USB cable
2. Try to flash the China Stable ROM through MiFlash, even if you already have it on your tablet

Reactions: AGelu