Would dropping the phone into water effect its awake time?

Black_Eye_Panda

Members
Aug 30, 2018
My phone was dropped into the water last week when I was filling the bathtub for my daughter. I immediately picked it up and keep the screen off. Afterwards, I noticed there's a large battery drain. I will have a 30%+ drain nightly. The battery usage history shows that the phone is constantly awake throughout the night.

I have flash official Chinese rom, official global rom and the xiaomi.eu rom, with no additional app. Yet it is still the same.

I wonder, would water damage effect its awake time? Or is just the battery thats damaged?

if this can help
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the channel shows how to fix stuff on MI8 !

if this can help
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the channel shows how to fix stuff on MI8 !

Thank you, I have seen this and according to this, my phone should be fine and dandy!

If water is not the issue, then I really can't see what would be the problem. It only started last week. I am in China, and have google installed. I kind of thinking the cause might be Google services instead. Was the Google services trying to connect to Google? (being in China and the firewall, that would explain the wake since it'll always trying to connect and failed).

However, I am having a hard time believing it since I have installed google apps since the first day, and the battery can last one and half days.