New Xiaomi 11T Pro V14.0.1.0.TKDMIXM - Android Auto Freeze when phone is locked

eark555

Members
Jun 9, 2017
After update to V14.0.1.0.TKDMIXM Android Auto have freezing issue.
1. After screen is turn off and locked the display on car is freeze.
2. Tap phone to wake screen will make car head unit screen refreshed and working again
3. Try to reset and clean flash still have this problem
4. It's working fine on MIUI13

The only way I got it working was turning off AOD and changing the USB setting on Dev option to File transfer. But Man also the screen when is off has a little delay to wake up. I decide to go back to Miui 13 again. Miui 14 is a little buggy

The only way I got it working was turning off AOD and changing the USB setting on Dev option to File transfer. But Man also the screen when is off has a little delay to wake up. I decide to go back to Miui 13 again. Miui 14 is a little buggy
Unfortunately I've never use AOD and tried wireless Android Auto, still got the same result. So it might not about USB Setting.

I can confirm the same. The display initially starts to flicker, parts are not updated anymore and finally freezes.
Connected using USB or wireless makes no difference.

Reactions: aavas
After update to V14.0.1.0.TKDMIXM Android Auto have freezing issue.
1. After screen is turn off and locked the display on car is freeze.
2. Tap phone to wake screen will make car head unit screen refreshed and working again
3. Try to reset and clean flash still have this problem
4. It's working fine on MIUI13
yesterday I have flashed MIUI 13.0.4 on my Android 10 ultra. I.Google maps works for a few seconda then starts to get "GPS signal lost" issue while using android auto. Waze didn't work at all.

Hi,
I have the same problem, with 11T Pro too. As I can see it is an older issue, not just with Xiaomi, and everywhere the recommendation was to turn off Always-on display at Settings > Always-on display & Lock screen. There were a lot of positive feedbacks in the case of other brands, even from 2020, but not in the case now, with Xiaomi MIUI 14. It was not working for me neither.
I was thinking on this and I hope I found a workaround.
I relized, after turning of Always-on display, that sometimes Android auto is working only for 1 minute, then freezing, sometimes it was working for 15 minutes, then stopped working...and I realized it is still in connection with Always-on display, but in an other way. There are other features of MIUI, I assume utilizing the same background processes as always-on. For example notifications. So I turned off Notification effect at Settings > Notifications & Control center > Notification effect > select none and just in case I turned off charging animation too at Settings > Always-on display & Lock screen > Display charging animation after device is unlocked.
Today Android auto was working for me continously for 40 minutes, without freezing, without flashing.
Let's give it a try.

Reactions: eark555
Hi,
I have the same problem, with 11T Pro too. As I can see it is an older issue, not just with Xiaomi, and everywhere the recommendation was to turn off Always-on display at Settings > Always-on display & Lock screen. There were a lot of positive feedbacks in the case of other brands, even from 2020, but not in the case now, with Xiaomi MIUI 14. It was not working for me neither.
I relized, after turning of Always-on display, that sometimes Android auto is working only for 1 minute, then freezing, sometimes it was working for 15 minutes, then stopped working...and I realized it is still in connection with Always-on display, but in an other way. There are other features of MIUI, I assume utilizing the same background processes as always-on. For example notifications. So I turned off Notification effect at Settings > Notifications & Control center > Notification effect > select none and just in case I turned off charging animation too at Settings > Always-on display & Lock screen > Display charging animation after device is unlocked.
Today Android auto was working for me continously for 40 minutes, without freezing, without flashing.
Let's give it a try.
I can say this is a working method!

I've tried all these before
- Disable AOD
- Turn off memory expansion
- Update Android Auto app (I'm alway using beta version, so I'm in the most latest version already)

Today I've tried to change notification to off and no freezing anymore (Have tried that change to turn screen up not freeze Android Auto too). No need to disable charging animation.

So in conclusion, for me turn off Always on display and notification effect will fix Android Auto freezing.

Hi,
Let's give it a try.
Hi,
your very same GSM, I did MIUI 14 update 2 weeks ago and only yesteday I have relized I have an issue with AA. I was already panicking as AA was the reason why I have bought this GSM as my previous (6 year old) could cope AA anymore;
I just want to say thanks for your post, I followed those workaoround and apparently problem is solved
cheers,
stefano

Reactions: quevlu and vpolvar