Xiaomi 13 Pro cn to global rom

fbotko

Members
Oct 6, 2023
Hello guys,

I have a 13 Pro originally China ROM and after i installed Global ROM and locked the bootloader after the restart i got the following message: with red The MIUI version can't be installed on this device (please see the attached picture as well) after this i unlocked the bootloader and i'm able to start the OS.
My question is that i can't use on this phone the Global ROM with locked bootloader? because if not locked i can't get security updates at all.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240205_222701_resized.jpg
    20240205_222701_resized.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 193
If you install a Global ROM on a Chinese device and try to lock the bootloader, the result will becihla.png

For next time, before you start doing something, study the issue first.
I recommend installing xiaomi.eu ROM.

Reactions: Masbucho and fbotko
If you install a Global ROM on a Chinese device and try to lock the bootloader, the result will beView attachment 51298

For next time, before you start doing something, study the issue first.
I recommend installing xiaomi.eu ROM.
Thanks for your reply, the phone is not bricked because I'm able to unlock the bootloader and the phone starts after but it's not a solution, i will install your xiaomi.eu rom, but my question is that if i not lock the bootloader, then i will get the security updates with this ?

Thanks

You will Xiaomi get EU ROM ota updates as available or manual from the forums updates page. The software makes the phone work as if the bootloader is locked.
You will need twrp installed ( info on download pages) or manual update by fastboot and a pc.

Reactions: fbotko
i installed the xiaomi.eu rom and i have twrp also but i cannot download updates (OTA), i got fetching download links please wait and the updater is not responding.
can you help me please?
the new update what i want to download is OS1.-.5.0.UMBCNXM Stable

and how do i get the latest security updates?

Last edited:
Update manually in TWRP or fastboot

Reactions: fbotko