Xiaomi 13 Ultra - banking apps on x.eu firmware

dakky

Members
Jan 8, 2021
Quick question, if using TWRP xiaomi.eu firmware, does it roots the device or not, because my banking apps won't work on rooted devices. Stupid question but had to ask :)

Also if it's unlocked bootloader, can it be locked again, if the phone is lost or stolen, I don't want every kid be able to see my stuff :)

Last edited:
TWRP does not root the device by default (I believe some specific versions have this feature, but it is not standard).

Keep in mind some banking apps can detect an unlocked bootloader.

The phone is still encrypted if you have a password and an unlocked bootloader, but it is possible to clean install another ROM.

Thank you!

Another question - if I get the original CN firmware version, and unlock the bootloader to flash x.eu firmware, can it be flashed back to stock ROM and locked again in case the banking app doesn't work on unlocked bootloader?

hi, i wanna ask more

I am cn version mi13u with eu rom without root too

is that possible keep using eu rom and re-lock bootloader?
if no, flash to stock rom can it be stock global rom? thanks

is that possible keep using eu rom and re-lock bootloader?
if no, flash to stock rom can it be stock global rom? thanks

Neither case is possible. Attempting to do so will brick your device.
You can lock the bootloader of a Chinese device only with a official Chinese ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nameless_One
I will try x.eu ROM if all my applications work, and if not, revert to official Chinese ROM, debloat it and try to manage notifications, that should do the trick.

Root device with magisk, Hide Magisk App in the settings (it reinstalls under a random package name) install Lsposed and Shamiko, enable Zygisk in settings and put the banking apps into the deny list, restart device.

Last edited:
Still waiting on device. When it arrives, will start testing! Thanks for the tips ahead! :)

I've also found different banks' apps behave differently.

In the UK, so might not match your experiences.

Natwest - no issue whatsoever
Barclays - easily the worst, had to muck around hiding the app in Magisk every time I wanted to use it, if I closed the app it would detect root again (?) - not a one and done.