Xiaomi 13 ultra camera worse than 11 ultra?

Chrizl123

Members
Nov 10, 2018
Is that true the Xiaomi 13 ultra camera is worse than the camera of 11 ultra??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-28-15-54-39-815_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-28-15-54-39-815_com.android.chrome.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 339
Dxomark website has tested a lot of smartphone cameras, and 13 Ultra is worse than 11 Ultra.
Does anybody know any other web like this, to get a second opinion of smartphone cameras?

Reactions: Chrizl123
Okay then I will hold my 11 ultra but in my opinion there is at every picture with artificial light a strong blue tint in the photos in 11 ultra. In main camera more than wide angle

Okay then I will hold my 11 ultra but in my opinion there is at every picture with artificial light a strong blue tint in the photos in 11 ultra. In main camera more than wide angle
I also have a Mi 11 Ultra, and colours are a bit different when taking photos with AI activated. But quality is really good, it's a great camera.

That's exactly what I've found. White balance sometimes was off - jpegs had that strange blue tint, mainly in shadows. Now I have 13Pro and for me the camera is better.

Is that true the Xiaomi 13 ultra camera is worse than the camera of 11 ultra??
It depends on how you score it. Don't just read the numbers, read the explanation but more importantly: SEE the results. As far as DxOMark trying their best to standardize and quantify, images are still about perception. Not everyone wants face imperfections to be present, photographers don't always want high dynamic range, sometimes high contrast is what they after (Leica authentic mode in 12(S) and 13 series fulfills this which Mi 11 Ultra doesn't have), and many more. After all, image evalution is about your own perspective.

Reactions: Regioenleon
It depends on how you score it. Don't just read the numbers, read the explanation but more importantly: SEE the results. As far as DxOMark trying their best to standardize and quantify, images are still about perception. Not everyone wants face imperfections to be present, photographers don't always want high dynamic range, sometimes high contrast is what they after (Leica authentic mode in 12(S) and 13 series fulfills this which Mi 11 Ultra doesn't have), and many more. After all, image evalution is about your own perspective.
i do have 11 ultra... regarding higher contrast: very often it helps to simply lower the exposure / brightness before shooting the pic. try it you'll see :)

i do have 11 ultra... regarding higher contrast: very often it helps to simply lower the exposure / brightness before shooting the pic. try it you'll see :)
I don't have 11 Ultra to test, but the same problem seems applicable to 13T as well. However, 13 Pro doesn't need it. It's simply perfect as is.

Reactions: maravilha00
I don't have 11 Ultra to test, but the same problem seems applicable to 13T as well. However, 13 Pro doesn't need it. It's simply perfect as is.
the difference is that on 13 Pro there is a litle hand from Leica ;-) helping...
but on your 13T try my suggestion, you'll see how much better the result can be by simply reducing the brightness before clicking your shot!

the difference is that on 13 Pro there is a litle hand from Leica ;-) helping...
but on your 13T try my suggestion, you'll see how much better the result can be by simply reducing the brightness before clicking your shot!
I have compared my shots between 13 ultra and 13t pro.
And of course (except in portrait) ultra it's quite better than 13t pro, has more details on full zoom, and manage better colours. Bit it's not just much much better than the price, it's just the double. 13t pro it's fantastic , value for your money. And really I'm agree with you on over exposed photos on 13 t pro it's , high brightness, it's better do reduce before shot!!

Reactions: maravilha00