Xiaomi 13 Ultra Ultrawide Low-Light Panoramic Capabilities and Flash Use

RodTrevizan

Members
Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Samsung S21+ and am considering making a switch to the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, particularly for work purposes. A significant portion of my job entails taking panoramic photos in low-light environments, making a competent camera in such conditions absolutely vital.

My experience with the Samsung S21+ has been generally positive, but one limitation I've encountered is the inability to use the flash while utilizing the ultrawide (0.5x zoom) lens, which occasionally hampers my low-light photography.

I've noticed that the Xiaomi 13 Ultra has a substantial camera setup and I'm specifically intrigued by its ultrawide lens and how it might perform under low-light panoramic photography circumstances.

Does anyone have experience with the Xiaomi 13 Ultra’s ultrawide lens in low-light conditions, especially for panoramic shots? How does it perform? Additionally, is it possible to enable the flash while using the ultrawide lens on the Xiaomi 13 Ultra?

I'd greatly appreciate seeing any sample shots and hearing about your experiences with the device, particularly if you're able to compare it with the Samsung S21+.

Thank you in advance for your input and help!

Hello,
the flash cannot be switched on in Panorama. No matter whether panorama, horizontal or vertical.
With UWW, the flash can be switched on in all modes (off, on, auto, time).
I don't have a photo right now because it's too bright here.
Greeting

I just tried it as well, Panorama mode only works with the main lens for me, with no option for flash.
I tried using two different GCams and it lets me switch to ultrawide in panorama mode but still no flash.

It seems strange that three big phone company's camera apps are doing this. Maybe it's because if you're moving the light source around the shadows will be at different spots in different sections of the panorama shots?

On my previous xiaomi there was a little bug that let me use flash without turning it on in the camera (either through a button shortcut you manually set in settings, e.g holding HOME for 2 seconds or just turning it on in quick settings), seems to be fixed now.

Maybe you will get better low-light performance with the Ultrawide on the 13U, but you will need to use *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* with no flash, I will try and take some pictures in the night if I have the time tonight. Maybe this issue will be fixed with the HyperOS update coming soon, will tell you in that case if I remember.

Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Samsung S21+ and am considering making a switch to the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, particularly for work purposes. A significant portion of my job entails taking panoramic photos in low-light environments, making a competent camera in such conditions absolutely vital.

My experience with the Samsung S21+ has been generally positive, but one limitation I've encountered is the inability to use the flash while utilizing the ultrawide (0.5x zoom) lens, which occasionally hampers my low-light photography.

I've noticed that the Xiaomi 13 Ultra has a substantial camera setup and I'm specifically intrigued by its ultrawide lens and how it might perform under low-light panoramic photography circumstances.

Does anyone have experience with the Xiaomi 13 Ultra’s ultrawide lens in low-light conditions, especially for panoramic shots? How does it perform? Additionally, is it possible to enable the flash while using the ultrawide lens on the Xiaomi 13 Ultra?

I'd greatly appreciate seeing any sample shots and hearing about your experiences with the device, particularly if you're able to compare it with the Samsung S21+.

Thank you in advance for your input and help!
If lighting is actually a factor that affects your panorama photos often, I suggest getting a MagSafe (Apple thing) case and attaching a MagSafe flood light to the back, They worked well for me on my Xiaomi 14 and It really lights up the shots.

Sent from my 23127PN0CC using Tapatalk

Reactions: zues121510